SONY NW-ZX2
Feb 13, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,036 of 14,773
So it does balanced? What is the pin configuration?

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #1,037 of 14,773

Well, I see in your signature that you own the JH13. As a JH13 owner myself, I'm very curious to hear your impressions on how they sound with the ZX2 (straight from the DAP) :)

Sorry to disappoint starfly, my JH13s were destroyed last year, hence my replacing them with the Noble K10 :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,038 of 14,773
  Sorry to disappoint starfly, my JH13s were destroyed last year, hence my replacing them with the Noble K10 :frowning2:

That's too bad, just got my JH13 a couple months ago. Well, looking forward to your impressions either way.

Feb 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #1,039 of 14,773
It's a shame that Sony can go cheap on accessories, why can't they just throw in a power plug for the price you pay for them, not that I can't afford it, and although you can use one from Samsung or any USB plug.

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #1,040 of 14,773
  It's a shame that Sony can go cheap on accessories, why can't they just throw in a power plug for the price you pay for them, not that I can't afford it, and although you can use one from Samsung or any USB plug.

Well, that is it. There are so many USB cables around now and so many devices use the same voltage, frankly, I don't want another one, they can keep it. I have a bag full of USB cables and converters. I prefer to use the 2 amp Samsung with the long USB they provide. I have 3 and am happy with that. :^)

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,042 of 14,773

Well, that is it. There are so many USB cables around now and so many devices use the same voltage, frankly, I don't want another one, they can keep it. I have a bag full of USB cables and converters. I prefer to use the 2 amp Samsung with the long USB they provide. I have 3 and am happy with that. :^)

I agree.

At least in Europe (possibly internationally, but not sure), I think there was legislation passed, a few years ago, to require all the main manufacturers of common devices, like cellphones. etc. to stop the B$ nonsense of proprietary charger connectors, in order to allow usage of standardised common mini-USB connectors, so that there wasn't an unnecessary ecological impact of millions of chargers (and/or charger leads) being created for each individual manufacturer, and also becoming obsolete with each new generation of device.

It's high time Sony stopped the outdated nonsense of proprietary connectors on their high-end DAPs, too.

As a longstanding and respected electronics company, they should be making every effort to be an example of good ecological practice, internationally, rather than seeking to profit from unnecessary proprietary implementations which are to the detriment of the environment, globally, and which they clearly are too intransigent to even supply properly, to international customers, anyway.

It's bad form, on numerous levels, Sony!

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #1,044 of 14,773

Yikes, that promo makes me cringe!
blink.gif

Extremely contrived acting and the marketing team who made this promo didn't miss an opportunity to embed some blatant and seedy sexual connotation, either (01:43).

Feb 13, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #1,045 of 14,773
Feb 13, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #1,047 of 14,773
So does the ZX2 do balanced?

I am surprised it does not do DSD native. It states it plays DSD but it doesn't say that it is changed to PCM. I don't have a problem with DoP but I imagine they change to PCM hirez. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,048 of 14,773
  So does the ZX2 do balanced?

I am surprised it does not do DSD native. It states it plays DSD but it doesn't say that it is changed to PCM. I don't have a problem with DoP but I imagine they change to PCM hirez. 

If I'm correct, I think I read somewhere that you can put DSD in it, but it will convert it internally to PCM.

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,049 of 14,773
Feb 13, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,050 of 14,773

If I'm correct, I think I read somewhere that you can put DSD in it, but it will convert it internally to PCM.

Yes, that is what I read. I am surprised that Sony of all companies, did not do native DSD. I think they had something to do with DSD. lol 

It could be that doing native DSD uses a lot more current, not sure. The X3 2nd gen. does native dsd and I think it is around 200 dollars and gets many hours playing DSD. so. . Anyway on with the show and music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back