SONY NW-ZX2
Nov 1, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #8,761 of 14,773
Well, iam sorry to say this and i know that people may not like what i say
biggrin.gif
but we can just agree to disagree , no hard feelings

between the onkyo and stock app there is a very significant change in sound, the onkyo is very flat.

with the gone mad i have compared some songs for more than an hour.

and it is not near flat, in fact it is the same stock player sound (now people will not like this)

But i compared very well alot of songs going 3 seconda at a time.

i had the hardware buttons control the stock, and i had the gonemad app on screen with the same song.

i press play on touch screen and hear 3 seconds, then pause gonemad while same time pressing play on hardware button with no latency or lag at all, so i hear the 3 seconds twice directly after each other

I hear the exact same 3 seconds not a single tiny change in frequencies.

so i say its either uses android libs (onkyo) or sony libs (stock or gonemad),

thats my humble opinion, i will stick with the sony since i like the UI better and there are fast forward and rewind.

if you like the sony stock app as a gui in anyway, then try to compare SQ again.

if you prefer gonemad gui, then i guess your good to go. (As iam pretty sure they are the same :p)

on other hand, i have been comparing using my new just received ANGIE and WoW!!!

+1 .. Onkyo  sounded worse than stock and Gone mad made no difference to my gear. So really didn't see the point of switching from stock sony player. I am glad someone else had same experience as me ( I didn't chime in earlier as i didn't want a flare up as few people swear by those apps) 

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #8,762 of 14,773
Hi. As i mentioned 2 weeks ago, the stock player looking as a beta version and sony make some strange choices for the frequencies impacted by equalizer, especially on the bass, because some bass frequencies kill the good bass but we cannot change that. Sony player is a good player and still the one i prefer, but this is a not yet finished one. Alternativelly to the stock player i prefer the gonemad one. I have tested 7 diferent players. But if gonemad is not too bad, it have a very light distortion on the background that i cannot understand why. So, in general i use equalizer because I listen to mamy groups from 70th and many records are not good enough. For now, my best experience with the zx2 is to use the stock player with not any effect and a fiio amp e17k connected as an amp and not as a dac. The equalizer on the amp permit me to have the sound i like and to have a great stereo balanced sound. Ok, thid is maybe not the best hi end solution but i enjoy my music everyday and i can focus on any details emerging from the sound quality.
Now for a very slow volune as i use when i sleep, the gonemad player do the work very well and the plaỷer is able to produce a nice peacefull sound that the sony stock plaỷer cannot have . (I sleep with my music) so, can we hope that sony will make efort to develop the software? I have some doubt!
I forget to mention that any pkayer i used working well with the buttons. This is important that you erase the link of the previous player from you used and to make a new link from the application folder as explained on this forum.
Thanks to all for your interesting and productive feedback.
Georges.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #8,763 of 14,773
All.

i trying to make a LOD out to Micro Usb in in order to use the ZX2 with the Alo Audio CDM. (the LOD out to 3.5 is useless)...

this is the Sony WM port plug that i have:

L, G and R are quite obvious...

but what about VCC, the 5V cable???

any idea about that?

thanks in advance.

Nov 2, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #8,764 of 14,773
  All.

i trying to make a LOD out to Micro Usb in in order to use the ZX2 with the Alo Audio CDM. (the LOD out to 3.5 is useless)...

any idea about that?

thanks in advance.

Using that cable would essentially turn ZX2 into a transport, no?  Since you'll be skipping the DAC of the ZX2 also?

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #8,765 of 14,773

Using that cable would essentially turn ZX2 into a transport, no?  Since you'll be skipping the DAC of the ZX2 also?

yes, and if i do not fry it with my experiments!

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #8,766 of 14,773
All.

any idea about that?

thanks in advance.

This boArd is analog out only. You need a different board for digital out.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #8,767 of 14,773
I'm sure this has been discussed a million times, but I couldn't find anything specific via the search function.

So... I'm after a TRRS cable for my ZX2/K10 rig. Looking for recommendations as I have no idea where to start looking and I don;t know much about different cable materials etc.

Cheers :D

Nov 2, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #8,768 of 14,773
ISo... I'm after a TRRS cable for my ZX2/K10 rig. Looking for recommendations as I have no idea where to start looking and I don;t know much about different cable materials etc.

You're in Japan, Beat Audio would be your easiest bet:

www.beataudiocables.com

Got mine from them last time, e-earphone should have them, just call any outlet in Akiba.

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:06 AM Post #8,769 of 14,773
  All.

any idea about that?

thanks in advance.

[u][color=rgb(0, 102, 204)]mathi8vadhanan[/color][/u] is right depending on what the wm port was made for, it will have a different board, and not all wmport have all the pins.

This one is off the OEM wmport to micro USB

This one is just a wmport, not sure about the pin layout and what's it's for.

Nov 2, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #8,770 of 14,773
Well, iam sorry to say this and i know that people may not like what i say
biggrin.gif
but we can just agree to disagree , no hard feelings

between the onkyo and stock app there is a very significant change in sound, the onkyo is very flat.

with the gone mad i have compared some songs for more than an hour.

and it is not near flat, in fact it is the same stock player sound (now people will not like this)

Same findings. I found Gonemad and stock sony app sounding the same, while neutron and onkyo were different enough to be audible. I do not think there's a better app, but only different sound signature which will be preferential and for iem pairing.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #8,771 of 14,773
  Same findings. I found Gonemad and stock sony app sounding the same, while neutron and onkyo were different enough to be audible. I do not think there's a better app, but only different sound signature which will be preferential and for iem pairing.

Here the same, and I still can play DSD files on stock player.
Gonna stick with stock!

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #8,772 of 14,773
Help.....

hello guys i am the only one using Mac with ZX2? My content transfer program stopped working after el captain upgrade..

i cannot find a solution and transferring files as a hard disk is long and not practical.

i wrote it before... i will write till i get help :) many tnx 

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #8,773 of 14,773
  Help.....

hello guys i am the only one using Mac with ZX2? My content transfer program stopped working after el captain upgrade..

i cannot find a solution and transferring files as a hard disk is long and not practical.

i wrote it before... i will write till i get help :) many tnx 

Quick question - what issues are you having using ZX2 as a mount .. I transfer a ton of music using this method never found it cumbersome or slow on mac ( about 210 GB so far). Is there something specific you are doing with the content transfer program . I ask because i don't use playlist transfer or any thing fancy. Most of my music is categorized by Artists - Albums and i just drag and drop and it works very well 

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #8,774 of 14,773
Well there is a difference in sound with gonemad,as in more neutral and cleaner but also more flat,didn't notice an improvement in clarity not to mention i prefer the warmer/musical sig of stock player along with more sparkling treble.Ι can see someone prefering it over stock depending on the sig of his gear but personally i would refrain from making over the top statements like night and day improvement,now it sounds like a $1000 player(as in before it sounded less)e.t.c. I'm not talking just about the apps here but the vol disable limiter as well,there are + and - in the sound there as well.Sound from stock player is very good and trying to change sig can have a negative impact on the character and musicality of ZX2.The only improvement i can see is with TRRS (bigger soundstage,more air between instruments,detail according to users)as long as the stock/warm /musical sig remains the same.There are other players out there if you want emphasized highs or bigger bass or more neutral character cause ZX2 is certainly not that.

Nov 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #8,775 of 14,773
  Quick question - what issues are you having using ZX2 as a mount .. I transfer a ton of music using this method never found it cumbersome or slow on mac ( about 210 GB so far). Is there something specific you are doing with the content transfer program . I ask because i don't use playlist transfer or any thing fancy. Most of my music is categorized by Artists - Albums and i just drag and drop and it works very well 

time - it takes like " a day"  to transfer more or less 300 files.... it use to take 30minutes..

and its easier to delete albums etc... it is a late 2013 mac 2.7ghz i5, my music files are in a different hard disk...

anyway it was faaaar faster with content transfer

am i the only one? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back