SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 25, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #7,997 of 14,773
I'm no expert when it comes to this whole output impedance thing. But what you've said is generally what people has been saying. In any case, I'm more of the type of person who cares lesser for the technical aspects of this hobby but more for what the end result (sound delivered) makes me feel. If it sounds right to me, it's right. If it ain't, then it may just be not my cup of tea.
smily_headphones1.gif

No expert either, just curious at how things work and speculating on that hiss, and yes the main thing is the music one thing that made me buy the ZX2 is the emotion and subtleties that the DAP brings out : I love it !

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #7,998 of 14,773
I assume you don't mean the 3 second hiss when you first turn on the device from sleep ..  I get that as well with Westone ES5 and it dies down quickly and not present ever again during playing music .. If the hiss is permanent then you have an issue .. if not it is one of the design quirks i guess 

It is everytime the screen turns on and then goes away again when the screen is turned of again. It is not loud enough to be heard through music, only when no music is playing

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #7,999 of 14,773
It is everytime the screen turns on and then goes away again when the screen is turned of again. It is not loud enough to be heard through music, only when no music is playing

This. Also I'll add it goes away immediately, even if you don't play anything, try it. I believe I read somewhere this has to do with the capacitors they use, can't remember where I saw it though.

Sep 25, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #8,002 of 14,773
Yes that is probably what I hear so not connected with the screen turning on at all but with the device getting ready to play

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #8,006 of 14,773
Where I am, ZX100 is close to just 500 usd. Its more then half cheaper then ZX2 here. Going to audition it later.

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #8,007 of 14,773
  Where I am, ZX100 is close to just 500 usd. Its more then half cheaper then ZX2 here. Going to audition it later.

I will get one, and sell my HA-2 altogheter with my A17 and it's 128GB microSD, to finance the ZX100 and a 200GB microSD from SanDisk

Sep 25, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #8,008 of 14,773

That is ok. I read somewhere it is the capacitors discharging so normal. Not an issue

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #8,009 of 14,773
Hi everyone! Just got my Shure SE846 yesterday, which I will be using to listen to Apple lossless files from my iPhone 6 through a Hugo (have had that for just two weeks). Sound is great but I nave limited storage on the iPnone, so feel I need to get a DAP. I heard the AK 240 and 380, and the Acoustic Research M2, and they sound great (AKs more refined, M2 a bit more fun but crappy user interface), but have not yet heard the ZX2 (difficult to find them all in one place to compare). Would be interested to hear from others on the potential merits of including the ZX2 in my setup.

Sep 26, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #8,010 of 14,773
Hi everyone! Just got my Shure SE846 yesterday, which I will be using to listen to Apple lossless files from my iPhone 6 through a Hugo (have had that for just two weeks). Sound is great but I nave limited storage on the iPnone, so feel I need to get a DAP. I heard the AK 240 and 380, and the Acoustic Research M2, and they sound great (AKs more refined, M2 a bit more fun but crappy user interface), but have not yet heard the ZX2 (difficult to find them all in one place to compare). Would be interested to hear from others on the potential merits of including the ZX2 in my setup.

If you are just going to use it as a transport to connect to the Hugo I would say all of these are way overkill and you should get something like the DX50 with a 200GB microSD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back