SONY NW-ZX2
Sep 17, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #7,771 of 14,773
You get that quite often when you mix audiophile grade equipment with popular shopping websites. I think a lot of people are of the mindset that combining two expensive components will automatically result in mind blowing SQ.

The sound quality is not the problem with ZX2 ,it's the laughably weak output especially for the EU version.To tell you the truth i was quite shocked in a negative way that i had problems driving a mid sensitivity iem like ie800.I knew that the ZX2 was capped but to such an extend,no it's unjustified for the price eula or not.

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #7,772 of 14,773
The sound quality is not the problem with ZX2 ,it's the laughably weak output especially for the EU version.To tell you the truth i was quite shocked in a negative way that i had problems driving a mid sensitivity iem like ie800.I knew that the ZX2 was capped but to such an extend,no it's unjustified for the price eula or not.

I have the Japanese version so not a problem for me. Surely even the EU model will drive the ie800 though? Most people think it's okay for IEMs.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #7,775 of 14,773
rolleyes.gif

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #7,776 of 14,773
What's the reasoning for the EU handicaps anyway? If it's regulations forcing the volume cap on the ZX2 and no internal battery on the PHA-3, shouldn't other manufacturers also be similarly capped? I never understood what's the actual story behind this, anyone can enlighten me?

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #7,778 of 14,773
What's the reasoning for the EU handicaps anyway? If it's regulations forcing the volume cap on the ZX2 and no internal battery on the PHA-3, shouldn't other manufacturers also be similarly capped? I never understood what's the actual story behind this, anyone can enlighten me?

EU law stemming from findings that kids are going prematurely deaf listening to their iPods.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #7,779 of 14,773
Although i own the Japanese version, i still find this unacceptable regardless of the rules.

but i am optimistic about the device being rooted and removing the volume cap, may be someone should start a thread on XDA.

As hard as the security goes there will always be a hack !!

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:15 AM Post #7,781 of 14,773

To protect peoples hearing. However the regulation is specifically that a device WITH the included earphones most not output more than a certain dB (can't remember the exact number) as that is the only way a manufacturer knows what the volume is. So Sony actually don't have to limit anything as they don't include earphones which is why other dap manufacturers don't have the problem as they don't limit anything since they don't include earphones

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #7,783 of 14,773
has anyone paired the EU ZX2 with jha angie / noble savant ?

is the vol cap a problem with these 2 iems ?

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #7,784 of 14,773
  I think you underestimate the Zx2 Japan output power.  It is adequate for many thing that I use, including the Z7.  I can barely break the 75% for my listening comfort

Come on Whitigir,you're the most seasoned ZX2 poster here,you've been in the Eu debate a few pages back,i am talking about the Eu version here referring to amazon uk reviews,a guy actually had to send back 3 headfones because the ZX2 couldn't drive them before going for the again easy to drive shure.I have no doubt that the jp ZX2 which has a 20% stronger output can drive your Z7.

Sep 17, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #7,785 of 14,773
i don't know if anybody tried some thoughts or not,

Since we don't know how it is implemented but may be for an easy start we can compare the running processes of the eu and jp version, may be we can reach some process that's not available on the jp, that can be stopped on the eu version.

i don't have my jp zx2 on me right now, may be after work in like 10 hours or so, iam willing to try doing some comparisons with any eu user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back