SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 23, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #3,497 of 14,755
So anyone from Australia purchased from PriceJapan and did not get charged custom tax? 

If so what shipping method did you pick with PriceJapan? Wondering if they can adjust the invoice to make it below AU $1000

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #3,498 of 14,755
  So anyone from Australia purchased from PriceJapan and did not get charged custom tax? 

If so what shipping method did you pick with PriceJapan? Wondering if they can adjust the invoice to make it below AU $1000

I have in the past purchased the ZX1 from them and they adjusted the involve to make it appear you paid considerably less. I chose EMS.
Good service and speed from them, purchase with confidence.

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #3,500 of 14,755
  Thank you for the info!!!!

just remember that when you do that, you risk the insurance from lost/damaged from postage claims and pricejapan won't cover that for you if it's lost/stolen during postage 

within Japan, mishandling isn't an issue, it's once it leaves Japan it's an issue.  Japan is really good about their courier services, even within..probably the best in the world

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #3,501 of 14,755

I have the JH13 here and it is interesting you mention those. The JH13 sound, imho, more transparent than the Roxanne to some extent yet miss out on phasing and a few other things like all that b-b-b-bass. The JH13 are very impressive with the ZX2 and in some ways like them more than the Roxanne if I'm being a super-critical listener (note: I said SOME WAYS, the Roxannes beat the JH13 in others so prefer the Roxannes for causal listening).

OT: One thing I do love about the Roxanne is that my wife recently had us join a gym, and I HATE the gym and NEVER joined one EVER! Still, I need the gym, which brings us to working out together and the Roxanne's 'hard connection' to the CIEM and more durable cable are very much welcomed. The cable length of the Roxanne stock cable is nearly perfect and run it behind the back inside my shirt as I work out with the ZX2 in my pocket.

You are very brave Steven! I work out with a iPod Nano and Shures 215 (old school model) as I don't want to damage my new toy. :)

Mar 23, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #3,504 of 14,755

i know Steven Stone personally for many years and he has very good ears (plus is a great guy). Perhaps it was the CIEMs he used? This is a problem when i was using the UE 18Pro, and to a less extent, the Roxanne / Angie / Layla. The Noble K-10 easily allows you to hear differences.

If I may parachute in here, had some time with the Layla and Angie in Singapore (each with about 20 hours on the JHs). No contest, Noble K-10 FTW if you value transparency, being able to hear proper renderings of subtle dynamics and depth of stage. I have a sneaking suspicion that the cheap 50 cent bass adjusters are screwing up the ability to deliver higher transparency / sound quality in the JH Audio line that has adjusters within the cable. A very popular custom cable company and i are going to sort this out to find if my suspicions are correct. They are also custom making to my spec some cables for the Noble K-10s, yet we're waiting on some bits to be produced (yes, including rose gold to match the Tiger Stripe K-10 plus all my jewelry/mechanical watches) and ensure proper fitting/spec.

As always, thanks for chiming in Steven! I'm going to CamJam SoCal this weekend and will try the K10s, Roxannes, Leylas and Angies. The hope is that they have a show discount. :) Realistically though the leylas are out of my price ranged specially since I just got the ZX2. 

BTW - What's special about the cable you are getting made for the K10s?

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,506 of 14,755
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #3,507 of 14,755

With a strong US dollar why would it go up? Going up over suggested retail? 

trying to get an item from pricejapan (HP-A8 to pair it with ZX2 and fostex th900), can't right now due to funding (recently bought an engagement ring, hah, that made a dent!), but i look at the USD prices each day and it's slightly going up each day right now.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #3,508 of 14,755
So anyone using the volume increase bug? Waiting for a review with it on and off, aside from the increase in power output and increase batt life.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #3,509 of 14,755
Ok problem.
I disabled the sound adjustment in the app settings, and now it's gone! Going to the music app and tapping on the sound adjustment doesn't do anything either.
How do I enable it back without doing a factory reset?

Edit:
Ok nvm found it back under storage apps. Phew!

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:08 AM Post #3,510 of 14,755
Yeah, when you've done the disable trick, and want to then re-enable it, the sound adjustments is bumped to the bottom of that list! I found that one out the hard way as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back