SONY NW-ZX100
Sep 22, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #391 of 3,849

there are cheaperamps and dac + amp combos out here, f.e i have an oppo ha2 and does a pretty decent job whe it drove my H3's, but now i note no diff with my A3 being driven from an A17 or the A17 connected via LOD to te HA-2

yes i have the HA-2 too, the A17 LOD is way quieter than any other dap ive ever had (many, many), therefore any bigger cans like my new DT1770 need to go on high gain and very top of the vol knob, which is sometimes not enough, same with some iems like Flares.. ZX2 ZX1 were of course louder, but still not great (LOD) and their HO is just way too quiet too

Sep 22, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #394 of 3,849
Sony should bring out some limited edition 'spectre' or '007' daps ti spice things up!

yes a Killer DAP
biggrin.gif
dt880smile.png

Sep 22, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #396 of 3,849
I think they shall get a revised version of the WMC-NWH10 cable with A) Smaller form factor and B) No BATTERY DRAIN

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #397 of 3,849
Damn, I need android for Tidal...

Also according to the Chinese review:

It seems to come with OSCON caps and 15mw+15mw into 16ohms. These are the exact same specs as the ZX1 and ZX2. 

Don't know why Sony went with a lower res screen though. Although the Walkman UI doesn't really need those pixels a brighter screen definitely helps.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #398 of 3,849

It seems to come with OSCON caps and 15mw+15mw into 16ohms. These are the exact same specs as the ZX1 and ZX2. 

Don't know why Sony went with a lower res screen though. Although the Walkman UI doesn't really need those pixels a brighter screen definitely helps.

if you look at the functionality of the zx100, noise cancel and very long battery life, it is easy to see that the focus is on the busy flying audiophiles to take high resolution music on the go.  for tidal, stick to zx1 or 2.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #399 of 3,849
i cant afford the zx100 if its the price of zx1, but i cant stand the background hiss of a10 series either. any other long battery life suggestion or should i just wait for the second hand zx100?

Sep 23, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #400 of 3,849

if you look at the functionality of the zx100, noise cancel and very long battery life, it is easy to see that the focus is on the busy flying audiophiles to take high resolution music on the go.  for tidal, stick to zx1 or 2.

Don't be fooled by its NC feature. It will only work with the supplied earphones which sound like garbage.

I've owned the F886 before and the NC only works with the MDR-NC033. Turn on the noise cancelling and there goes your dynamic range.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #401 of 3,849

For tidal go with ZX1

Noise cancelling.. well it's okay f.e when going on a noisy airplane or train, but for everyday listening i'd rather use my XBA-A3 or MDR-1R

yes like previous poster said NC only works with supplied earbuds, same like my old X-series

Sep 23, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #403 of 3,849

Because they removed the photo and video viewer "apps", so it will be a music only device (its rumored they removed sensme, and the FM radio)

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #404 of 3,849
The battery life on this is amazing.  Let's see some specs on the impedance and power numbers!  In Hong Kong this is selling for 4680 HKD which is about 600 dollars USD.  Seems like an excellent deal for the storage space and nice look, and battery life.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back