SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #35,431 of 45,723
Maybe we should ask romi audio to make YouTube tutorials hahaha how create hes mods our self lo lo lo

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #35,433 of 45,723
Wow thats awsome congratulations ) I hope it gets there safely and on time ) do you guys get custom fees ? Wonder how you shipped yours.
Just by domestic Shun Feng express, takes several days since i shipped it from northern China to the very south. Custom fee is minimal to none.

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #35,434 of 45,723
Donf enrage him any further haha

You will be surprised I keep asking questions every day lmao hes 1 hell patient dude !
We do talk about hes sensation cable daily lol

Mar 30, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #35,435 of 45,723
Maybe we should ask romi audio to make YouTube tutorials hahaha how create hes mods our self lo lo lo
Wow seriously, is there one tutorial from Romi? Hahaha

That would be priceless lol

sounds like a character, grumpy smurf or jerry from tom&jerry

ugh reminds me of Donald Duck! The classic lol

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #35,436 of 45,723
So I tried (2x) 22 gauge twisted Solid Copper on my interconnects, and you were 100% right, sounds way better than 20 gauge. Lots more resolution, and better bass/treble balance. Vocals sound fantastic.
Thank you for that, I'll be making the change on my 1A also. Have a bunch of Neotech wire on the way.

---- Damn the (2x) 22 gauge sounds good on my speakers. Now I am going to Waiting for the mail to be delivered like crazy.
That's a beautiful thing about DIY. You can fine tune it just the way you like.

Mar 31, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #35,437 of 45,723
Rookie question:

I just received my wm1a (thx Amazon), and loaded it up with a several albums, flac quality or better.

I first tried my Senn660's , and found the tonality and clarity quite good (considering the WM hasn't broken in at all, however, I found the volume fairly quiet and lacking punch. I suppose that's due to the fact the 660s have a resistance of 150 ohms? This was both SE and balanced, high gain and not.

I then tried my old Etymotic 4p, and they were easier to drive but lack bottom end (which is why as wonderful clean as they are, they sit in the back of my drawer).

I got the WM1A to replace my mojo (lost! damnit) streaming hi-def from my iphone tidal. The mojo could drive the 660's much easier than the 1A. Is this normal? I mean I could make my ears bleed if I wanted to.

I've been considering something like the Andromeda or Solaris (B stock sale!) balanced, any feedback on either of these IEM's with the 1A? Will they be easier to drive and provide good (but not overpowering) bass?

I like the 1A a lot, the UI is spartan (which I like, I hate the android UI'd devices). The build quality and design are fantastic. I don't listen to music that loud all the time, but once in a while, I'd like to get thumped on EDM tracks, and I'm hoping I can find a pairing that'll do this.

Thanks

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #35,438 of 45,723
Rookie question:

I just received my wm1a (thx Amazon), and loaded it up with a several albums, flac quality or better.

I first tried my Senn660's , and found the tonality and clarity quite good (considering the WM hasn't broken in at all, however, I found the volume fairly quiet and lacking punch. I suppose that's due to the fact the 660s have a resistance of 150 ohms? This was both SE and balanced, high gain and not.

I then tried my old Etymotic 4p, and they were easier to drive but lack bottom end (which is why as wonderful clean as they are, they sit in the back of my drawer).

I got the WM1A to replace my mojo (lost! damnit) streaming hi-def from my iphone tidal. The mojo could drive the 660's much easier than the 1A. Is this normal? I mean I could make my ears bleed if I wanted to.

I've been considering something like the Andromeda or Solaris (B stock sale!) balanced, any feedback on either of these IEM's with the 1A? Will they be easier to drive and provide good (but not overpowering) bass?

I like the 1A a lot, the UI is spartan (which I like, I hate the android UI'd devices). The build quality and design are fantastic. I don't listen to music that loud all the time, but once in a while, I'd like to get thumped on EDM tracks, and I'm hoping I can find a pairing that'll do this.

Thanks
You need the Atlas or the Vega if you are looking for that hard EDM bass.
Both are excellent pairings with the 1A.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:09 AM Post #35,439 of 45,723
My fourte noir is very warm and thick by nature and pw1960 4wires cable is warm as well and good flavor. I feel sensation cable could balance things out.

Worse Case scenario I will send it back and request pw1960 cables !
Worst scenario is u fall back to different planets / regions and accidentally land on the Sun, as the last resort.

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #35,440 of 45,723
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #35,441 of 45,723
Mar 31, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #35,442 of 45,723
Rookie question:

Thanks

Try high gain, if not already.

Q-6

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #35,443 of 45,723
Rookie question:

Thanks

Just be aware that streaming from the iPhone to 1A will be via lossy aac if over BT

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:16 AM Post #35,444 of 45,723
Well different synergy different observations. My different earphones connected to MS1Z yield different pair ups as well.
I suspect Romi V4 will pair well with the good old Solis 3.02

We dont know yet. But I forgot Tier 4 or tier 5. Romi is only Tier 4 ?
I thought this would be the supremacy of all tiers.
With this type of mod you can travel threw galaxy's and space infinitely!

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #35,445 of 45,723
That's a beautiful thing about DIY. You can fine tune it just the way you like.
Been listening to music all night.
(2x) 22 gauge is definitely the way to go, I stand beyond corrected.
Cool thing about DIY, very easy to make changes and experiment, and you MUST experiment.... to tune any system :)
Thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back