SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #10,231 of 45,723
I just wanted to point out another piece of fact. If anyone is familiar with ANY drug research at all, you will know the difference of therapeutic effect between real drug and sugar pill (placebo) is never 100% vs. 0%. It is always something like 70% (because even with real drug it is not always 100% effective with any condition) vs 30% (for placebo). In other words, placebo effect actually can account for 10 to 30% easily in most conditions. And most of you know how much it costs to even get the last ten percent in any hifi equipment, dap, cable, amp, headphone etc. so for a few dollars for the stickers regardless whether it really works or not, you can buy easily 10% or more placebo effect I think it is a no brainer if someone believes in it and want to try. Why destroy their hope, besides it may really works, right :)

That is a fair statement, but I feel it is irresponsible to recommend that people spend their hard earned money on something that results in a placebo effect. It's also important to note that the people recommending the use of these stickers make no mention of the fact that you will have to open up your equipment to install them, which will void any warranty you may have. That is also very irresponsible.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #10,232 of 45,723
That is a fair statement, but I feel it is irresponsible to recommend that people spend their hard earned money on something that results in a placebo effect. It's also important to note that the people recommending the use of these stickers make no mention of the fact that you will have to open up your equipment to install them, which will void any warranty you may have. That is also very irresponsible.

Agreed. The mods should start penalizing and deleting all mod guides/teardown pics here which don't carry a disclaimer, because ppl may not realize that opening electronic goods will void the warranty.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #10,236 of 45,723
Agreed. The mods should start penalizing and deleting all mod guides/teardown pics here which don't carry a disclaimer, because ppl may not realize that opening electronic goods will void the warranty.

I'm not sure if there is someone here who actually doesn't know about "void the warranty" if they attempt to open the product itself, this is really basic. 

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #10,237 of 45,723
  I'm not sure if there is someone here who actually doesn't know about "void the warranty" if they attempt to open the product itself, this is really basic. 

You are correct. You are not sure.

Mar 13, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #10,238 of 45,723
The first thing Sato-san told us was that the warranty would be voided, and that's perfectly fine by me; not that I am recommending that everyone go ahead and open their players although it is a rather simple process (I've opened it up again myself after watching Sato-san do it once). Theoretically, these mods are easily reversible so removing them would make the service centre none the wiser, and in opening the players I spotted no warranty tamper seals of any sort.

Placebo? Perhaps, I'm only human. I am pretty sure I hear a difference in side by side testing, but individual thresholds for hearing differences may be different, and people can choose not to buy into things like cables and mods like these. Hell, I have even heard of people who cannot hear the difference between the 1A and the 1Z, and that's fine too. Not forcing anyone to do something they don't want to :) as far as I'm concerned, all is well as long as everyone enjoys their experiences with their own devices. This is just something that makes me enjoy it just that little bit more.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #10,240 of 45,723
  Your sentence means that there would be many people as such on here. Too bad.

There could be. I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is that the responsible thing to do is to inform owners if the warranty will be voided. Here' a quote from rushofblood's previous post
  The first thing Sato-san told us was that the warranty would be voided

Now, do you think Santo-san told him that because he thinks rushofblood is stupid, or because it's the responsible thing to do?

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #10,241 of 45,723
Please don't hate me for this question, it is of good intention. My best player recently is the Iriver IHP-140. How is it compared to the 1a? 
I doN't ask the Z because I can't imagine if I can buy that one soon. :) Thanks

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #10,242 of 45,723
  The first thing Sato-san told us was that the warranty would be voided, and that's perfectly fine by me; not that I am recommending that everyone go ahead and open their players although it is a rather simple process (I've opened it up again myself after watching Sato-san do it once).

Placebo? Perhaps, I'm only human. I am pretty sure I hear a difference in side by side testing, but individual thresholds for hearing differences may be different, and people can choose not to buy into things like cables and mods like these. Hell, I have even heard of people who cannot hear the difference between the 1A and the 1Z, and that's fine too. Not forcing anyone to do something they don't want to :) as far as I'm concerned, all is well as long as everyone enjoys their experiences with their own devices. This is just something that makes me enjoy it just that little bit more.

Thank you for pointing out that Santo-san informed you that warranty would be voided. It shows his integrity. Also, I may disagree with some of your opinions, but I highly respect them because of the words you choose to use to express them. I find your posts interesting and respectful. Well done.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #10,243 of 45,723

There could be. I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is that the responsible thing to do is to inform owners if the warranty will be voided. Here' a quote from rushofblood's previous post

Now, do you think Santo-san told him that because he thinks rushofblood is stupid, or because it's the responsible thing to do?

Are you quoting "rushofblood" for his answer or are you quoting him to make me answer your question? You don't seem to know how to make thing clear.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #10,244 of 45,723

Are you quoting "rushofblood" for his answer or are you quoting him to make me answer your question? You don't seem to know how to make thing clear.

Read the question again. It is very clear.

Mar 13, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #10,245 of 45,723

It seems quite obvious to me that Tendon is speaking to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back