SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2017 at 2:46 AM Post #8,146 of 45,723
Jmills, what is the best cable you have? Is crystal cable the best?
Its a nice one, but it depends on what sound signature you are after.

Jan 25, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #8,147 of 45,723
Ugh, so quiet. I hear crickets here. I guess everyone is enjoying their wm1z/wm1a
smily_headphones1.gif

Yup, immensely!

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #8,148 of 45,723
I have All Ref 8 3.5 trs. I really like the sound signature, it's crystal clear sound. But I want something similar with more dynamics, and even more clarity and separation.

If money is not object, maybe up to around 600 to 1k, what recommendation you have? Give me a few

How is YY tucana if it's with 4.4?

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #8,149 of 45,723
Alo Ref 8...

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #8,150 of 45,723
I'm using it with Andromeda.

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #8,151 of 45,723
I have All Ref 8 3.5 trs. I really like the sound signature, it's crystal clear sound. But I want something similar with more dynamics, and even more clarity and separation.

If money is not object, maybe up to around 600 to 1k, what recommendation you have? Give me a few

How is YY tucana if it's with 4.4?

Money is no objective? Go for Kimber Axios, I know it is by Sony from Kimber. I can not judge it performances since I never heard of it, but it is for your price range

Never mind, you will need a cable for in ear buds :D

Jan 25, 2017 at 3:21 AM Post #8,152 of 45,723
Haha, 16 braids Kimber cable with iem. I don't think it will work.

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #8,154 of 45,723
Guys protect your hearing. I have tinnitus and it's extremely annoying. Of course I acquired it from blasting music too loud. Too many years spent inside clubs in NYC when I was young, dumb, and full of... Now I'm just dumb.
wink.gif

we need a cure bro, my tinnitus is very very mild and its annoying at times, and i am now more careful than before, that is why i am so eagerly awaiting the arrival of my empire ears zeus xr adel,

on that note, I wonder if the zeus will be hiss free on wm1a or not

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:20 AM Post #8,155 of 45,723
just wanna sing the praise of hearing zero interference by placing your phone next to the walkman.. such uninterrupted music enjoyment is just awesome..

Jan 25, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #8,156 of 45,723

Any recommendations for a good silver cable? I am new to this hobby:grin:

I´m using the Silver Poison from Toxic Cables UK and i´m pretty satisfied with it. Cannot recommend other cables since i´m really happy with this one and don´t intend to spend money on other cables.

You are correct none of us are like whitigir, one or two cable is enough, we don't have extra cash for all those cables that whitigir has, he's crazy.
biggrin.gif

I only want a good cable for the Xelento, as the stock cable is crap and is sometimes loose, Jaben HK even say it's loose, but since it hasn't had a problem yet, there is no way to return it digipower, hk sole distribution agent, and I still have 2 years warranty to cover that if anything does go wrong. Tried a mixture of different cable, but the Final one, that is supplied with the Lab 2 (final's most expensive cable, fits my Xelento pretty well, tight fit and good looks to match with excellent sound, without those extra bass, since it's silver plated OFC.

On a side note, saw someone in Jaben HK yesterday with the WM1Z with the Sony justear and custom cable, a rather expensive setup.
beyersmile.png

Jan 25, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #8,158 of 45,723
Does anyone know if WM1A equips with Gorilla Glass?

I don't think they do, Sony doesn't even specify it for there xperia phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back