SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #6,436 of 45,723
Nope never even detect lol
It was fine with all my Fiio players and pc. 64GB Sandisk card.

My WM1A is from Singapore so should be international version

Same problem I'm having by the looks of it. 

When I insert the card the orange light flashes once and then twice, followed by nothing. If I insert any other cards the device carries on flashing and the card is detected.

I would put it down to the card, if it wasn't for the fact that both 200gig cards I tried did the same thing.

This is so damn annoying 
mad.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #6,437 of 45,723
It seems both of you are having problems with cards that were earlier formatted for usage on other devices. Mine was new and unused (200 Gb Sandisk), it was detected and worked just fine. The thing to do might be to find a way to format your microSD into the exFAT filesystem before inserting it into the Walkman, you should be able to do this on a PC.

Try that first and get back to us, right now I don't think either the microSD card or Walkman is at fault.

EDIT: I think this should be fairly obvious, but just in case, reformatting the microSD card will wipe out everything that's currently on it 
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #6,438 of 45,723
It seems both of you are having problems with cards that were earlier formatted for usage on other devices. Mine was new and unused (200 Gb Sandisk), it was detected and worked just fine. The thing to do might be to find a way to format your microSD into the exFAT filesystem before inserting it into the Walkman, you should be able to do this on a PC.

Try that first and get back to us, right now I don't think either the microSD card or Walkman is at fault.

EDIT: I think this should be fairly obvious, but just in case, reformatting the microSD card will wipe out everything that's currently on it :wink:

I did format it on a PC. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. The issue isn't a formatting one, as the device doesn't detect the card at all. Even if it had the wrong file system, you should be able to format from within the Sony device. Besides, all of my other cards work fine, despite not being brand new.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #6,439 of 45,723
What card are you all using?

While i do a research before i get a new card.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #6,441 of 45,723
I'm on the market for a new iem.

I was considering the Campfire Vega or the Andromeda.

Any suggestion?

You like Bass type or Highs type?

Bass probably go for Vega, Highs go for Andro.

Best if you can give both a test.

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #6,444 of 45,723
Quote:
I like that case, where do I find it

http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000113179/ct2848/

Looks like they have the leather case in a few colours too. Maybe use one of those Japan shopping sites to get it, if you really like it?

I did format it on a PC. I think I mentioned it earlier in the thread. The issue isn't a formatting one, as the device doesn't detect the card at all. Even if it had the wrong file system, you should be able to format from within the Sony device. Besides, all of my other cards work fine, despite not being brand new.

That's a pretty odd case, then. If you've ruled out the usual suspects, might be time to have it looked at?

Edit: To be precise and not overlook anything, what options did you choose when performing the reformat?

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #6,445 of 45,723

I have a Sandisk 200GB, which was originally formatted in the ZX2, and I just moved it over to the 1A, no problem.  For your problem, time to do the following troubleshooting steps:  

1. Settings/Device Settings has a RESET/FORMAT option.  Try that.  Backup the music on your internal memory first, and remove any SD card, before doing the Reset/Format/Restore to Factory Configuration
2.  Try re-installing the Firmware, as that will reset everything. Try the reformat after the firmware, if no luck with the firmware install

The above steps are to try to reinitialize the OS, and all parameters.  Sometimes, a Restore to Factory is needed, even after a firmware restore.  For Router 3rd party firmware flashing, this was the case, to erase/reset all the semi permanent memory that was being used by the OS.

Try the above, as there is nothing to lose, and it is pretty quick.  With PCs, and most/all devices, these are the last resort, and also one of the first things that should be done  if strange problems that do not make any sense occur, before taking the step of hardware replacement.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #6,448 of 45,723
In case anyone is interested, Surf Cables has the 4.4 mm plugs in stock and can custom make a cable for you.  I ordered one yesterday afternoon and it shipped today.  I have purchased from them before and they offer great quality cables at a very reasonable prices and have excellent service.  There website is https://www.surfcables.com.

Jan 3, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #6,449 of 45,723
  In case anyone is interested, Surf Cables has the 4.4 mm plugs in stock and can custom make a cable for you.  I ordered one yesterday afternoon and it shipped today.  I have purchased from them before and they offer great quality cables at a very reasonable prices and have excellent service.  There website is https://www.surfcables.com.

Do you have to contact them or click on a 4.4 mm link some where on their site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back