SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #586 of 45,723
Nvm, so if this is the confirmed number. It is almost as powerful as Pha-3....dang!

250 mW per channel in balance mode dude.  That's great actually!

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #587 of 45,723
250 mW per channel in balance mode dude.  That's great actually!

Man, Sony is killing me. You know I am a fan of easy to drive headphones. This is my wallet wailing to me. Now, would the new Walkman work as External DAC from a computer as well ? I need this confirmed....I can not read Japanese lol

Sep 2, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #588 of 45,723
Man, Sony is killing me. You know I am a fan of easy to drive headphones. This is my wallet wailing to me. Now, would the new Walkman work as External DAC from a computer as well ? I need this confirmed....I can not read Japanese lol

You are day dreaming again on a DAC feature. S-Master pro doesn't have an analog output stage...how can it act as a DAC. You are dropping a ball here! :wink:

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #592 of 45,723
Holy crap! Just checked the Australian Sony website. The WM1A is only $1349 here! That's only $1000 USD and $300 less than we got the ZX2 for. Wasn't expecting that haha.

http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/walkman-digital-music-players/t/walkman

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #595 of 45,723
Holy crap! Just checked the Australian Sony website. The WM1A is only $1349 here! That's only $1000 USD and $300 less than we got the ZX2 for. Wasn't expecting that haha.

http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/walkman-digital-music-players/t/walkman

Dont say it too loud, they might change their mind :D

Sep 2, 2016 at 4:54 AM Post #596 of 45,723
Dont say it too loud, they might change their mind :D

Haha yeah, I'll shut up. Seems we get good prices for some Sony items. The PHA-3 has always been cheaper here for some reason. Checked the price of the new headphones, looks like they're cheaper here too. Still considering getting the Elear though they're $1600 here which is overpriced compared to the US $1K.

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #597 of 45,723

That would be very awesome! I wouldn't need a PHA-3 then, best of both worlds!

Sep 2, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #599 of 45,723
  If I read correct they're going to use a funky 4.4 balanced jack? Did they mention the reasoning for that somewhere?

Short version - it's a better plug.
Long version - it's a proper defined industry backed standard plug with agreed upon layout/pin outs and was designed for audio purpose alone that is designed to replace both 3.5mm and 2.5mm on audio players to reduce confusion and is capable of doing so on an electronics level. 2.5mm was never a proper balanced audio standard thus with different wiring/pin out depending on vendor (though AK wiring is dominating in the industry currently) and is really too fragile for constant plugging/unplugging of equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back