Sony NW-A50 Series
May 30, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #2,357 of 2,422
My 306 arrives tomorrow so can post some impressions as I'm coming from the A-55
That is great ..feel nw-a 306 is the natural upgrade path from nw-a55 ,but i am sceptical due to screen size , battery life .do share your thoughts pls.

thx

May 30, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #2,358 of 2,422
Has anyone upgraded to or thinking of upgrading to Sony nw-a306 ? Please share your thoughts on how it has been .
As I do not like Android OS-based DAPs, have no need for streaming, prefer longer battery life per charge and am not willing to do the shenanigans in order to debloat even SONY Android OS-based DAPs, I will definitely stick to all my DAPs with SONY OS till they are irreparable due to the lack of spare parts.

On top of that all of them are rocking, even the smallest little brother NW-A55. And there is still the possibility to install MrWalkman's FW that is said to improve the sound quality even more.
That's why I do not see any reason to upgrade my SONY DAP fleet.

May 30, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #2,360 of 2,422
As I do not like Android OS-based DAPs, have no need for streaming, prefer longer battery life per charge and am not willing to do the shenanigans in order to debloat even SONY Android OS-based DAPs, I will definitely stick to all my DAPs with SONY OS till they are irreparable due to the lack of spare parts.

On top of that all of them are rocking, even the smallest little brother NW-A55. And there is still the possibility to install MrWalkman's FW that is said to improve the sound quality even more.
That's why I do not see any reason to upgrade my SONY DAP fleet.
Exactly my position as well

May 31, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #2,361 of 2,422
Exactly my position as well
But when it comes to streaming ,we have no other choices other than apple or android .have become very lazy ripping music ..also streaming allows you to explore and discover new music as well

May 31, 2023 at 11:19 AM Post #2,362 of 2,422
But when it comes to streaming ,we have no other choices other than apple or android .have become very lazy ripping music ..also streaming allows you to explore and discover new music as well
Streaming, when I do it, happens on my phone and bt to the Sony dap, but mostly I rely on my 3.500+ offline album collection

Jun 2, 2023 at 4:19 AM Post #2,363 of 2,422
That is great ..feel nw-a 306 is the natural upgrade path from nw-a55 ,but i am sceptical due to screen size , battery life .do share your thoughts pls.

thx

From initial impressions, the 306 is a nice upgrade from the 55. Firstly it sounds better, secondly the load up is faster and the Android UI actually works way better than I expected.

Will be selling my 55 shortly

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #2,366 of 2,422
From initial impressions, the 306 is a nice upgrade from the 55. Firstly it sounds better, secondly the load up is faster and the Android UI actually works way better than I expected.

Will be selling my 55 shortly
That's awesome .. how is the experience using streaming services such Spotify ,apple music .. is the screen size a deterrent? How many tracks or songs are at a time visible on the screen ?

Thanks

Jun 4, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #2,367 of 2,422
I am adding new songs to my Sony NW-A55 and they aren't appearing in artist view.

Jun 5, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #2,368 of 2,422
How many songs do you already have on your micro SD card and the internal memory?

Have you checked in these songs metadata, whether the field "Artist" is populated?

Jun 5, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #2,369 of 2,422
How many songs do you already have on your micro SD card and the internal memory?

Have you checked in these songs metadata, whether the field "Artist" is populated?
I have all the artist fields filled in. I am using the card for audiobooks. Some have short tracks, so I have 83,279 songs.

Jun 5, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #2,370 of 2,422
I am adding new songs to my Sony NW-A55 and they aren't appearing in artist view.
Can you find the songs through folder mode and if so, what shows on the screen when you play them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back