SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 29, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #1,383 of 2,453
I bet if we were telling you how much better it sounds you'd believe us though.

PS:  The GUI is very much noticeably better with 1.20 even if you don't believe the rest of us.  Maybe you've got 20 tracks in one album on yours.

Around 2300 files, mostly FLAC, spread across a 64GB card and the internal storage.

And there is no need to be so rude.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #1,387 of 2,453
Mar 29, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #1,389 of 2,453

​ypumeant digital-out then yes, analogue-out sadly no

OK, stupid question, How do you get digital out from a A35? Through the Sony Walkman cable then a USB to Micro USB adapter? And why would you bypass the internal DAC to use another DAC/Amp (unless you need a more powerful amp for you cans). Also, if you're going to stack the A35 with another amp, why not get one of the more powerful player like a Onkyo DP-X1, Pioneer XDP-300R, etc in the first place?

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #1,390 of 2,453

​ypumeant digital-out then yes, analogue-out sadly no

OK, stupid question, How do you get digital out from a A35? Through the Sony Walkman cable then a USB to Micro USB adapter? And why would you bypass the internal DAC to use another DAC/Amp (unless you need a more powerful amp for you cans). Also, if you're going to stack the A35 with another amp, why not get one of the more powerful player like a Onkyo DP-X1, Pioneer XDP-300R, etc in the first place?
you will need Sony special cable for USB out NWC - H10

Mar 29, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #1,391 of 2,453
Have any of you folks considered that that 'cheap' price, that you just can't resist, is a COUNTERFEIT?
Ask them if it has the SONY Manufacturer's Guarantee... or is the guarantee the selling company's guarantee only?
Returning bad mdse when dealing with oversea' firms appears to be a 'nightmare'. Also, is there a
Money Exchange Fee...or any other fees for oversea's shipping added onto the amount you ultimately pay
for the item? Just curious.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #1,392 of 2,453
Have any of you folks considered that that 'cheap' price, that you just can't resist, is a COUNTERFEIT?
Ask them if it has the SONY Manufacturer's Guarantee... or is the guarantee the selling company's guarantee only?
Returning bad mdse when dealing with oversea' firms appears to be a 'nightmare'. Also, is there a
Money Exchange Fee...or any other fees for oversea's shipping added onto the amount you ultimately pay
for the item? Just curious.

Just use a reputable site. Check here and ask if you're unsure. You'll probably find someone with experience with them. For buying from Japan. Check Amazon Japan first. If they carry it themselves (not through a 3rd party vendor). I would have no problem ordering it. You will probably see lower price by 3rd party vendor on Amazon. Sometimes the difference is large enough to warrant the use of a buying service like "Buyee". Yes, buying from oversea always carry a risk but I would be more concern with warranty service than counterfeit. I consider it no more of a risk than buying anything electronic while you're overseas (well, although you can check for DOA I guess).

If you're in the U.S and am willing to pay a bit more than the lowest absolute price on the net, just use eBay and you get their buyer protection against defective/counterfeit stuff. In general, long as you're careful and check the vendor's history/review. I don't see a problem and I have brought tens of thousands worth of stuff from overseas and have not had any problem.

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #1,395 of 2,453
Hi. Does this have a Google Play Store? Please ignore if it is a stupid question. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back