Sony MDR-XB700 vs. Mr. Speaker Mad Dog
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Noahjaws

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, sorry for another vs. thread.

I've been interested from upgrading from my xb700s, and am interested in the mad dogs.

I would love to know how these fare up against the 700s in terms of comfort, soundstage, quality, isolation, ect ect.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey everyone, sorry for another vs. thread.

I've been interested from upgrading from my xb700s, and am interested in the mad dogs.

I would love to know how these fare up against the 700s in terms of comfort, soundstage, quality, isolation, ect ect.

Thanks

Heya,

Comfort is high.
Sound stage is much better, wider.
Quality is a big, big jump up in tier.
Isolation is pretty good.

Overall the Mad Dog is a big jump from the XB700. The XB700 is just a decent beater headphone with pretty good loose bass. The Mad Dog is an ortho. It's not going to sound boomy, and big bassy like the XB700 (unless you want it to, and if you do, you simply equalize it and it will go boom boom seriously well). It will however sound much more clear, realistic, natural and balanced with everything. It digs very, very deep into sub-bass and has great extension upwards too. But again the Mad Dog is not inherently "bassy" like the XB700. And again, it can be bassy if you want it to be, via equalization. It's bass is very fast, tight and well textured, unlike the XB700 which has slow loose bass.

Very best,

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Heya,

Comfort is high.
Sound stage is much better, wider.
Quality is a big, big jump up in tier.
Isolation is pretty good.

Overall the Mad Dog is a big jump from the XB700. The XB700 is just a decent beater headphone with pretty good loose bass. The Mad Dog is an ortho. It's not going to sound boomy, and big bassy like the XB700 (unless you want it to, and if you do, you simply equalize it and it will go boom boom seriously well). It will however sound much more clear, realistic, natural and balanced with everything. It digs very, very deep into sub-bass and has great extension upwards too. But again the Mad Dog is not inherently "bassy" like the XB700. And again, it can be bassy if you want it to be, via equalization. It's bass is very fast, tight and well textured, unlike the XB700 which has slow loose bass.

Very best,

Thanks, I think i want a set of more nuetrel cans over bassheavy this time.  I got the 700s for $50, and thats what got me into headphones.  Do you know how many ohms these headphones are?  Im going to be pairing it with my C&C BH and Iphone 4s

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks, I think i want a set of more nuetrel cans over bassheavy this time.  I got the 700s for $50, and thats what got me into headphones.  Do you know how many ohms these headphones are?  Im going to be pairing it with my C&C BH and Iphone 4s

Heya,

The Mad Dog is efficient. It will run from any device basically. It does scale a bit with some extra amplification (current, as it's low impedance). The base headphone is a T50RP which is low impedance and high sensitivity, designed to run from anything.

You're good to go.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back