Sony MDR-V6 refurbs back in stock sonystyle.com
Mar 5, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 2
The refurbished MDR-V6 was available for about a day last week before demand outstripped supply. Of course, I ordered a pair (before it was too late).
biggrin.gif

FedEx delievered my refurbished MDR-V6 headphones yesterday and I am very impressed. I think I last used the MDR-V6 when there was a "CD Warehouse" in the area and customers can "audition" used CDs thru these headphones....and that was at least 10+ years ago. The headphones came with a carrying pouch and the 1/8" headphone jack adaptor. Aside from a "Refurbished" sticker on top of the headband, the headphones look and feel brand-new. It is kind of interesting to see the owner's manual was originally printed in 1985. The headphones came sealed in a clear plastic bag; no gold-colored cardboard box that accompany a new pair of MDR-V6.

I didn't have much to time to play with the headphones, but I was able to plug them into my portable MD player (a refurbished unit from the Gilroy, CA Sony outlet). The cord of the MDR-V6 weighted more than the portable MD player! Inside the portable MD player was a pre-recorded MD of Belinda Carlisle's "Greatest Hits". I listened to a couple of songs and I was impressed with the sound quality. Perhaps they were burned in already. I was able to use the same volume level as before, which indicated that the MDR-V6 required about the same amount of power as my normal portable headphones, the Sennheiser PX200. I also compared the MDR-V6 to a pair of new pair of JVC HA-RX700 (burned in for about 100 hours using the FM tuner of my cassette Walkman). The JVC are currently enjoying rave reviews over at head-fi.org and is considered one of the great audio bargains (at about $35.00 delievered from Amazon.com). For what it's worth, I preferred the MDR-V6.

I will have to do more listening....soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back