Sony MDR-SA3000 Super Audio Headphones Unboxing Video with Comparison to MDR-SA5000
Sep 17, 2011 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Just got these and up on YouTube.  Hope you guys like it.

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Got to see part of the face behind the text, don't you just hate the high gloss reflection from the box haha
rolleyes.gif
Just out of curiosity how many Sony cans do you now have? Going by memory you have 2 or 3 of the XB line and at least a couple of the ZX line as well as a V6 and now a couple of the SA line. You even have a Sony IEM if I remember right. By my count including IEM you have roughly 9 different Sony headphones alone. Your wife must be ready to make you sleep in the doghouse lol
tongue.gif

Oh by the way congratulate me I just ordered the Sony MDR EX 600 IEM today
bigsmile_face.gif
I can hardly wait to hear what they can do.

Sep 18, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #5 of 7
Excellent video as usual.  How does the SA3000 sound compared to the SA5000?

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #6 of 7
Sorry for the delay response.  I've been busy playing with my new 1-bit DSD (aka SACD) recorder by Korg.  Fantastic machine!

Anyway, the ear pad fits good around my ear as do the SA5000, BUT I now like the leather on the SA5000 better because the cloth on the SA3000 is kinda scratchy.  Maybe it needs to be broken in.  It's not velour so its not as silky smooth.  I have yet to do the ear pads switch because I wanted to hear what they sound like before I monkey with it.  I'll report back on it as soon as I do the switch.  I'll post pictures too.  I know you guys like pictures. :)

As far as how the SA3000 compares to the SA5000?  I find it to be easier to listen to, but not dull.  The SA5000 can be a bit bright at times on some music, but the SA3000 is smoother.  I'll post more as I use it more.  Stay tuned.

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
As far as how the SA3000 compares to the SA5000?  I find it to be easier to listen to, but not dull.  The SA5000 can be a bit bright at times on some music, but the SA3000 is smoother.  I'll post more as I use it more.  Stay tuned.

Can you switch between the pads, and put the pads of 5k on the 3k?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back