Sony MDR-MV1
May 15, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #467 of 477
Treble 'peakiness' mentioned in above article largely overcome by a good copper like the Sony Kimber balanced cable I would say:)

Agree however that bass can be slightly overdone..

Last edited:
May 20, 2024 at 2:39 PM Post #474 of 477
So you're saying the highs are blunted on the M9 compared to MV1?
More mid bass and less upper mids on the M9. Extension of highs is great on both sets but slightly better on MV1.

I do use the M9's exclusively with a darker source, the ZX707 and that combo delivers a fun and enjoyable sound. My ZM2 extracts the max out of the MV1's however, in a good way, and I rate their technical performance above that of my M9's.

Last edited:
May 28, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #475 of 477
After having sold my MDR-Z1R to my son as I hardly ever used them any longer (use the IER-Z1R 99% of the time) I have bought a set of MDR-MV1 just to have a full size set for those few time I need that and I totally agree that the MV1 is kind of a baby Z1R and they will fully satisfy me the few time I’ll be using full size phones

May 28, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #476 of 477
After having sold my MDR-Z1R to my son as I hardly ever used them any longer (use the IER-Z1R 99% of the time) I have bought a set of MDR-MV1 just to have a full size set for those few time I need that and I totally agree that the MV1 is kind of a baby Z1R and they will fully satisfy me the few time I’ll be using full size phones
That's good to know. How good is the micro details reproduction on the MV1? Are you planning to add a better balanced cable?

May 28, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #477 of 477
That's good to know. How good is the micro details reproduction on the MV1? Are you planning to add a better balanced cable?
To me it is perfectly fine. I will probably just use it with the stock cable from the single ended output of the TA, they will likely only be used a few times per month so I’m not going crazy this time, just wanted to have a decent full size for those few time I don’t want to or can’t use in ears. That the sound then is similar to the Z1R is just a bonus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back