Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,111 of 1,311
I thought I would never say it but I think I like these better than my IE8s.  They seem to have some similarities but don't have the negative (Sonic)  traits.  They do have some of the same physical negative traits though (fit, isolation).

I have heard people complain over and over that the IE8 was veiled and I guess I never really though so, or just considered them colored. 

Today I believe.  I'm glad I gave these time and did not return them (I wish I had done so for the ASG-1)  . 

If anything, it might just be time to find my IE8s a new home. 
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM Post #1,112 of 1,311
Hey Dosley, yes they are a hidden jem, the potential is definately there, hidden under some slightly unruely treble, but if you can get it under wraps then sit back and be wowed! I pulled the trigger on the ASGs geez, I hope I find them as enjoyable as the 600s, oops just hit the booster/ZOv1 button, and hubba hubba these in my face bass wonders are wonderful!, if the ASGs don't fit the bill then I will give the EX1000s a try next, I have some FXT90s on there way tomorrow so I will see what all the fuss is? hopefully great fuss!

well keep on listening on I say, cuz the 600s are like a good bottle of wine, mad dog 20/20, if it doesn't make you sick within the first 4 hours, then you will only wake up with a hang over, lol, or er um, it will only get better with time! sorry, the mad dog is different story!

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,114 of 1,311

Quote:
Hey Dosley, yes they are a hidden jem, the potential is definately there, hidden under some slightly unruely treble, but if you can get it under wraps then sit back and be wowed! I pulled the trigger on the ASGs geez, I hope I find them as enjoyable as the 600s, oops just hit the booster/ZOv1 button, and hubba hubba these in my face bass wonders are wonderful!, if the ASGs don't fit the bill then I will give the EX1000s a try next, I have some FXT90s on there way tomorrow so I will see what all the fuss is? hopefully great fuss!

well keep on listening on I say, cuz the 600s are like a good bottle of wine, mad dog 20/20, if it doesn't make you sick within the first 4 hours, then you will only wake up with a hang over, lol, or er um, it will only get better with time! sorry, the mad dog is different story!

For me the treble has really calmed down since new, I would say they have about 90+ hours and with Large Complys they are sounding great.  90% of the harshness and sibilance is gone.  I did try the regular hybrids today and they are still a bit to bright for me but I have no problem buying a few pairs of Comply's every few months. 

The ASG-1 will be a very big departure from the 600s,  I hope you like them.

Mar 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #1,118 of 1,311
Not sure how long the form tips can last, but if it can only last for one month then you may need to spend $50 a year just for the tips. There are people reporting these form tips last about one month or even shorter.

Mar 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #1,122 of 1,311
A silver cable won't do much considering the linear impedance phase. At best you'll probably reduce the 5.5k spike by very few dBs as it's the only part that changes with impedance. Silver cables usually reduce impedance, thus the reduction of the spike. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back