Sony MDR-EX510LP & MDR-EX600 vs MDR-EX500
Apr 26, 2011 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Neotelos

New Head-Fier
I've generally been pleased with Sony's $100-200 lines and my pair of EX500's was stolen over the weekend.
I can't really make up my mind...I've been eyeing the EX1000 and Sennheiser IE8's but I'm just not ready to make the jump.

Basically, I'd like to know how the new line compares to the EX500 and if the EX600 is even worth the extra $100.

If I could get some feedback that would be awesome, it's been very difficult finding some good reviews and comparisons. :frowning2:

*I'm also open to suggestions of similar priced IEM's from other manufacturers, so long as you can tell me how they compare.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #2 of 7
I could really use some help, I've been looking and still haven't found answers.
One of the better local shops carried some Shure SE315's as their best, which after reading reviews don't seem to be worth the $200 they are charging.

I've also found some IE8's through RazorDog for under $300 but it worries me they may have same products as dakmart which happens to be very iffy - overall impressions seem to be a hit or miss.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:26 AM Post #4 of 7
Right now I'm looking between an IE7 @ $170, Shure SE425-V @ $235, and IE8 @ $280.

I'm looking at those mainly because I know they are good deals, could you also describe what you mean by V-shaped sound?  Would that be an effect best described from sourcing from dual drivers?  I'm not exactly a true audiophile, but definitely an enthusiast.

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #6 of 7
I do like V-shaped sound, the only problem is it can distort and ruin some genre's of music and I've been reading a number of complaints about the bass on the IE8's.

I like bass (a lot), but I hate when it's so heavy it muddles the frequencies.  How do you feel about the bass on the IE8's?

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
I do like V-shaped sound, the only problem is it can distort and ruin some genre's of music and I've been reading a number of complaints about the bass on the IE8's.

I like bass (a lot), but I hate when it's so heavy it muddles the frequencies.  How do you feel about the bass on the IE8's?

no it shouldn't distort at all unless you have been EQ'ing it in.  the bass on the IE8 is huge, thickish but stunningly impressive in you want that quantity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back