Sony MDR-EX500LP or Rockford PP15mm Punch Plugs?
Sep 27, 2010 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

leblabbiy

New Head-Fier
(I was trying to decide between the Punch Plugs and the Sony MDR-EX500LP. I literally listen to a little bit of everything so I need IEM's that are good for everything I could throw at them.)

I'm keeping the Sony's. My only other IEM's were a pair of Vmoda Vybe I's so this seems like a good place to start.
I like their sound a lot more than the Vybes. The bas seems to be about the same but the treble is a lot clearer. I've listened to a lot of different types of music and while the treble is sharp and clear it hasn't been harsh like my Ultrasone Pro 550's can be sometimes.
I probably will get the Punch Plugs next. Those large drivers really fascinate me and I can't wait to see how they sound with trance music or the Pat Benatar remasters.

PS
Sorry about the original post disappearing. I was trying to delete the post altogether like you can do on some other forums.

Oct 10, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 5
My review of the 500's can be found HERE.

Sorry i can't be of any more help as i have no idea about the other phoens in question
frown.gif

Good luck nevertheless!

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
My review of the 500's can be found HERE.

Sorry i can't be of any more help as i have no idea about the other phoens in question
frown.gif

Good luck nevertheless!

Thanks
I decided to keep the Sony's
Might get the Punch Plugs (or something else) later. Haven't really decided yet.
That was really good review on the EX500's. I had actually read that before and it was one of the things that swung me towards keeping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back