Sony MDR-1R Confusion??
Apr 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

lhayati

Head-Fier
Hey,

So after spending hours reading many many threads comparing the MDR-1R's to the Momentum's, I finally decided to go for the MDR-1R's (simply because I found them for £80 cheaper).

In most of the reviews i've read (and on the Sony USA website), it's mentioned that the MDR-1R's are 24Ω (Ohm) at 1 kHz, but when I visit the Sony UK website (or any UK reseller) it states that they are 48Ω (Ohm) at 1 kHz. 

Is there really two different models? and would there be any perceived difference between the two?

(I will be using these un-amped and more frequently from a mobile device)

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hey,

So after spending hours reading many many threads comparing the MDR-1R's to the Momentum's, I finally decided to go for the MDR-1R's (simply because I found them for £80 cheaper).

In most of the reviews i've read (and on the Sony USA website), it's mentioned that the MDR-1R's are 24Ω (Ohm) at 1 kHz, but when I visit the Sony UK website (or any UK reseller) it states that they are 48Ω (Ohm) at 1 kHz. 

Is there really two different models? and would there be any perceived difference between the two?

(I will be using these un-amped and more frequently from a mobile device)

Thanks in advance,
Louis

Advertised 24 Ohm, measured is 32 Ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back