* High-Resolution Audio compatible
* 40mm HD driver unit for dynamic range
* Aluminium-coated LCP diaphragm minimises distortion

Driver Unit
    40mm, dome type(CCAW Voice Coil)
Frequency Response (Hz)
    4Hz-40,000Hz
Cord Length
    Headphone cable(approx. 1.5m, silver-coated OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug)

Details:

Model nameMDR-1000X
TypeDynamic, closed
Driver unit40mm, dome type(CCAW Voice Coil)
Sensitivity103 dB/mW (when the power is on)98 dB/mW (when the power is off)
Frequency response4 Hz ~ 40,000 Hz
Impedance46 Ω at 1 kHz (when the power is on)
16 Ω at 1 kHz (when the power is off)
BatteryDC3.7V : Built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery
Charging timeApprox. 4 Hours
Usage hoursContinuous music playback time : Max. 20 hours(NC ON), Max. 22 hours(NC OFF) continuous communication time : Max. 24 hours(NC ON), Max. 26 hours(NC OFF) Waiting Time : Max. 34 hours(NC ON), Max. 120 hours(NC OFF)
Weight(exclude cable)Approx. 275g
Headphone cableApprox. 1.5m, silver-coated OFC strands, gold-plated stereo mini plug
Headphone cable plugGold-plated L-shaped stereo mini plug
Supplied accessoriesMicro USB cable (approx. 50cm) Plug adaptor for in-flight use Headphone cable (approx. 1.5m) Carrying case

MDR-1000X

mdr1000X_1.jpg

mdr1000X_2.jpg

mdr1000X_4.jpg

mdr1000X_5.jpg

mdr1000X_6.jpg

mdr1000X_7.jpg

mdr1000X_10.jpg

Sep 5, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 2,709
kind of excited about this one...there are times when I want the active noise cancellation and this really
looks to be THE ONE to get.  Just sold off my Bose Quietcomforts....these will have to be next on the list!

Preordered!  Will let you know how they are.  

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:18 PM Post #4 of 2,709
  kind of excited about this one...there are times when I want the active noise cancellation and this really
looks to be THE ONE to get.  Just sold off my Bose Quietcomforts....these will have to be next on the list!

Preordered!  Will let you know how they are.  

Too bad you sold off the Bose. Would have been great to have A/B comparison testing... 

Sep 5, 2016 at 11:30 PM Post #5 of 2,709
I am fairly new to noise cancelling headphones. If I got a digital piano (Roland HP603): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5FmMNtvvw
and want to use a headphone with it, should I get a noise cancelling one?
Or should I get a non-noise cancelling one?

Does the noise cancelling interfere with piano sound purity? Is there a delay that may affect the correct resonance or tone?
Thanks for all the answers.

Sep 6, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #8 of 2,709
  It looks like LDAC enabled device as transmitter is required for best sound quality - like newest Sony Xperia smartphones or some other Sony audio equipment that support LDAC.

Yes, same as with AAC/aptx codec (and transmitters). A few sites have reported on that mdr-1000x got AAC and aptx as well (like previous LDAC headphones have), which is nice.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #9 of 2,709
  I am fairly new to noise cancelling headphones. If I got a digital piano (Roland HP603): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH5FmMNtvvw
and want to use a headphone with it, should I get a noise cancelling one?
Or should I get a non-noise cancelling one?

Does the noise cancelling interfere with piano sound purity? Is there a delay that may affect the correct resonance or tone?
Thanks for all the answers.

Only buy noise cancelling headphones in case of : noisy neighbours ( or people living with you) or when you live near a very busy street.
If the space ,  where your piano is  , has decent isolation : go with open back headphones : they deliver the most natural sound at the cost of sound leaking in & out . 
Hope this helps ....

Sep 9, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #10 of 2,709
Excited about this as well, especially when they claim to isolate better than the Legendary Bose QC. That and its inclusion of MDR 1A driver is just... Even though the change in acoustic chamber inside will probably make it sound different, I'm expecting a lot out of it

I do read report that it isn't as comfortable as the Bose, though that remain to be seen whether their "newly designed" pads sacrifice comfort for better NC when I have it on my noggins :)

Sep 12, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #12 of 2,709
I see a lot of comparisons of them in articles to the Bose QC35 but no comparisons to the top of the line momentum 2 wireless. That is a bit disappointing. I am curious how good they sound. The M2W has the best sound on the market of all Bluetooth headphones.

I don't use ANC so if I buy a headphone, it won't be based on ANC as much as the sound quality and build quality. Bose QC35 are good comparison if we look at just ANC and nothing else. M2W is the true benchmark of everything else, including sound quality and just overall build.

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #13 of 2,709
I never had much interest in wireless headphones due to the poor sound quality, but do have some interest in good noice cancelling. I'm a bit tired of IEMs in cases where the noise isn't really blocked well enough (happens in airplanes a bit).

This Sony got my interest. I like the touchpad tricks (although it might be a gimmick since some reviewers say it's tricky to use most of the controls except the mute feature). I also like that it can be used wired.

Very tempted to Pre-order it. I already have a preorder of the MDR-Z1R tho, this might be too much Sony at once, last gear I got from them was 16 or 17 years ago.
biggrin.gif

And 400 EUR sure ain't cheap... might wait until these drop to 300 or so.

Sep 12, 2016 at 5:54 AM Post #14 of 2,709
Hahah, well for now, lots will be waiting for your impression on the Z1R :)

Sep 12, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 2,709
Hahah, well for now, lots will be waiting for your impression on the Z1R
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah yes, I'm very curious about those. To be honest, only went for it immediately since I found them listed at about -10% off (2000e instead of 2200).
The 1000X seem to be at MSRP, so a lot less hurry to go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back