Sony hybrids, worth the price?
Mar 2, 2012 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

brenttw

100+ Head-Fier
Are these really worth trying? I already have a ton of tips from Monster silicone and supertips, sennheiser silicone, all westone tips, complys, and shure olives.  From what i read the hybrids have a "soft" outside, but are they really that soft?  Just wondering cause my monster silicone tips seem "soft" and flexible too and i feel i get a decent seal, but i always use the olives more cause the foam isolates better for me and stay in better too.  Are these silicone tips really that good and worth trying?

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Are these really worth trying? I already have a ton of tips from Monster silicone and supertips, sennheiser silicone, all westone tips, complys, and shure olives.  From what i read the hybrids have a "soft" outside, but are they really that soft?  Just wondering cause my monster silicone tips seem "soft" and flexible too and i feel i get a decent seal, but i always use the olives more cause the foam isolates better for me and stay in better too.  Are these silicone tips really that good and worth trying?

I think Sony are great sleeves, it is the material of it as it bonds very well when warmed in your ear and it's of a much thicker material providing better isolation.

What IEM are you proposing on using with them? I have them on my W4 and SE535ltd. The secret I have found is that when you make the stems(adaptors) for them to have them only 70% of the stalk length. This really opens the sound up with better everything!!! You will be surprise at different they sound this way compared to having the stems, the same length as the stalk of the earpiece
wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 8
LOL, What a coincidence, I put my money where my mouth is and had sent some Sony sleeves to Loquah in Australia to try out........on his SE535 ltd

Just saw it pop up in my W4 v SE535  Baldur mk2 thread and all looks promising........so I will leave it to you to decide!

Mar 2, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #5 of 8
well i have westone 3s, hf3, cx300, monster iSport, and soon to be Miles Davis tribute. 

I bought the super tip sampler pack so it game with those red adapters to use bigger ear tips on smaller stems so i can use them on my westone 3s as well. Guess i was more wondering if the silicone material was much different than monsters, cant imagine dont much with silicone. 

Out of all the included tips, i ended up buying shure tips and using those on my westone 3s.  I got fairly good isolation with the Westone silicone tips.  Monsters silicone didnt seem bad either, just debating whether or not to buy into the hybrid "hype"

Quote:
I think Sony are great sleeves, it is the material of it as it bonds very well when warmed in your ear and it's of a much thicker material providing better isolation.

What IEM are you proposing on using with them? I have them on my W4 and SE535ltd. The secret I have found is that when you make the stems(adaptors) for them to have them only 70% of the stalk length. This really opens the sound up with better everything!!! You will be surprise at different they sound this way compared to having the stems, the same length as the stalk of the earpiece
wink_face.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 8

Quote:

Out of all the included tips, i ended up buying shure tips and using those on my westone 3s.  I got fairly good isolation with the Westone silicone tips.  Monsters silicone didnt seem bad either, just debating whether or not to buy into the hybrid "hype"

The hybrids are very nice tips, but nothing revolutionary if you go in expecting a world of change. They are great value and very comfortable (I have a pair modded for almost all IEMs that I own, if it doesn't fit stock). It's one of those tips you can "depend on" almost all the time regardless of the fit issues of the IEM itself. If fit/seal is a problem, these are my go to tips (I prefer them over foams), with the TF10 being the only IEM that I still had to reject because of the fit with these tips. That IEM felt like hell in ears with any godforsaken tip I tried. With the size variations in a pack, you're almost sure to find a tip for your needs. You know how some IEMs come packaged with 20 tips, but none of them fit well *cough* Monster *cough* ? Never happens with these. Also, it's not really "hype" that surrounds these. These are kind of the standard for many when it comes to silicone tips.

Mar 3, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 8
I've used these on a few occasions, and they're comfortable, inexpensive, so no harm giving them a shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back