Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Sep 21, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #182 of 2,773
Looks like 11/4/2012 is when ALL models will hit the U.S. streets.  No discounts yet so I am holding off.  

Jude,

Which one should I get if I want the best sound?  The BT & NC are attractive. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #188 of 2,773
Well for me the choice would be as simple as can be... MDR-1R for sure, the others might even sound worse due to the technologies used. Personally I would only trust 1R to give the optimal SQ. Why should one pay more for worse sound quality. SQ > features. M100 vs 1R, wonder which will win, they will be priced very similarly.

Sep 21, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #189 of 2,773
Quote:
Well for me the choice would be as simple as can be... MDR-1R for sure, the others might even sound worse due to the technologies used. Personally I would only trust 1R to give the optimal SQ. Why should one pay more for worse sound quality. SQ > features. M100 vs 1R, wonder which will win, they will be priced very similarly.

I was thinking the same.  M100 vs. 1R would be sweet!!!!  

Sep 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #190 of 2,773
These are seriously beautiful stuff... Sony's claim on their product always go beyond their imagination and i wouldn't wanna judge
before trying them when they are available in store (which i don't think will come to malaysia store). 

Sep 22, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #191 of 2,773
Sep 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #192 of 2,773
Quote:

I was thinking the same.  M100 vs. 1R would be sweet!!!!  

Yah, especially after seeing the 1R has a quite significant bump in the bass (+7~8dB at 100~150Hz which is the most important range for midbass and based on this graph's bass shape I'd expect a very punchy, snappy bass in the 1R) so it won't be a completely different sound signature, in fact I think they will be somewhat comparable.

I'm expecting a similar FR graph for M100 with better subbass extension. Let's just say this FR graph goes perfectly along with my preferred personal taste, especially at 100~150Hz it has the amplitude I'm looking for in the bass response except that I'd want slightly better subbass extension possibly but digiZoid ZO amp's bass curve is tweaked relatively deep so if bumping slightly up the bass using this amp I'd think the subbass and midbass balance should even up quite nicely. Mids look really nice and flat/neutral and so is the highs with a very small bump  around 8~10kHz which I don't mind at all as long as it's a reasonably small one as in this case.

Sep 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #193 of 2,773
Quote:
not if you have heard them.

No, they are incomparable because they operate off of different principles. I know what they're like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back