Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to FX700, GR10 and e-Q5)
Dec 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #2,809 of 4,748
Quote:
The coating for my EX1000 started cracking and falling after less than one yr. *** Sony for this bad quality, otherwise they are great iem's for the sounding.

Are you talking about the wording on the IEM? I had that start to flake off in just a few days of usage :wink:. Totally unacceptable for an IEM of its price. Plus the warranty support is a joke. I'm wondering how hard it is though to get replacement cables because I don't see any around.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #2,811 of 4,748
The coating for my EX1000 started cracking and falling after less than one yr. *** Sony for this bad quality, otherwise they are great iem's for the sounding.

Yeah the paint can chip. Mine never got worse at least, and it only happened on the underside. Never happened with the EX600.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #2,813 of 4,748
Wow I thought they were made of metal? Well my opinion still stands on the warranty bit. They should all come with a standard 2 year warranty and the cables should be much more available. Pretty much they shot themselves in the foot with all this.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #2,816 of 4,748
Quote:
Wow I thought they were made of metal? Well my opinion still stands on the warranty bit. They should all come with a standard 2 year warranty and the cables should be much more available. Pretty much they shot themselves in the foot with all this.

Quote:
They are. Magnesium. That's where the paint always chips at for some reason.

Yup, they're magnesium, so the wear should be mostly a cosmetic issue. I do agree on the cables however, the logic of removable cables without the availability of spare parts escapes me.

Quote:
Why are you still here.

Revenge?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back