Sony D 515
Jun 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BrainBlown

New Head-Fier
I recently moved and found my very first discman, a Sony D 515.  When I bought it when it first came out eons ago, I used it while walking and even jogging on the beach.  I never had any problems with skipping but since I was new to jogging on the beach, the Unit got pretty heavy after about the 5th mile!
I just popped in a Tim Reynolds cd and the Sony D 515 combined with the Bose QC 15 headphones and YAWZA!  The sound is great!

I am, probably, going to part with it in the near future.  Any body have any idea on what they are worth now?  I've read all the threads but most are a minimum of 5 years old so I would love to hear from anyone that has some interest in this unit.

Jun 26, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2 of 4
No one has any interest in this player any more or any idea of what I could sell it for? 

I don't see any on ebay or on audiogoN.com. 

I don't recall my unit ever having a remote but it must have because everything I've read about it says it did.  I don't have the original packaging or manual but do have the ac adapter, but not the rechargeable battery.  The Unit itself is pristine.  The case it came with was pretty wimpy (I still have it) so I gave it a new home in a compaq flip cover type of carrier that has rigid sides. 

I'll be posting it for sale here once I'm able to, or on audiogoN.com. 

If no one replies to this thread, I'll presume there is no interest here and proceed with selling it elsewhere. 

Thanks for reading and giving me any recommendations you care to share on if there just isn't the demand for these vintage players that there was 4-5 years ago.

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #3 of 4
Based on your description of your D-515, maximum I think you could get for it would be $180. Assuming that the D-515 plays flawlessly, and that it's appearance is indeed pristine. By pristine condition I mean no scratches or dents and all rubber coated surfaces in excellent condition. The remote that came with the D-515 is connected with a detacheable plug to the original ear buds. Interest here for vintage PCDPs isn't what it used to be like 4-5 years ago so don't be surprised that you may have to go lower than $180 to get a bite. If a D-515 is priced for more than $180, I would expect that it will come complete with all accessories, original box, and manual. The D-515 isn't as rare as everyone thinks it is, one will show up for sale every so often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back