Sony Announced NWZ-A820 series.....finally 16GB Sony DAP's
May 26, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #406 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No line-out, come on Sony whats wrong with you.

Same with Zune. MS and Sony, no line outs. Stinks (and I own both). But my Creative Zen Vision M has it, and it does sound great with the Minibox.

May 26, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #407 of 477
anything but cheap. thanks to sony the DAP is light yet duruble - screen cover and alloy all around are the key features.

i thought customisation in terms of SQ is quite user friendly - did you mean anything in particular?

320x240 resolution on 2.4 screen is quite high pixel density. i see little reason for VGA screen in such DAP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHINABOY1021 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a A728 today after much reading. the sound is really full with supplied earphones. with my Im716 it sounds really thin and weak (it might be faulty earphone).

anyhow, i expected this thing to be a bit more heavier. it feels like a soup cracker. it does not have much customization nor features (i like the sound quality very much). It would be really cool if this little guy had a higher resolution screen.

my initial impression: feels and looks cheap, good sound.

May 26, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #408 of 477
Completely agree, I find the build quality very good and the design attractive. Everyone I have showed it to has agreed on this. A am a "gadget freak" and this one is one of the nicest ever. It's simple but what it does, it does extremely well.

The resolution is standard and unless you want to watch many movies not important.

You can customize the sound to death if you wish and alter some basic ways the interface looks. I agree there are not many advanced options, no games or custom themes and screensavers etc.
But tbh my previous players had this and I never used it.

This player turns on right away, has very high SQ and navigation is a breeze.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vr5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anything but cheap. thanks to sony the DAP is light yet duruble - screen cover and alloy all around are the key features.

i thought customisation in terms of SQ is quite user friendly - did you mean anything in particular?

320x240 resolution on 2.4 screen is quite high pixel density. i see little reason for VGA screen in such DAP.

May 26, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #409 of 477
Just got the clear case. Not sure if pictures have been posted of the black Sony in the clear case, so here are some. Also some of the soft pouch I have, fits like a glove.

IMG_4266.jpg

IMG_4275.jpg

IMG_4271.jpg

IMG_4283.jpg

IMG_4288.jpg

May 27, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #413 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by esbenm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Strange, not sure why that is. They show up on my screen.

Anyway you can see them here:

Picasa Web Albums - Esben - Sony NWZ-A829

Where did you buy that case?
TIA
smily_headphones1.gif

May 27, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #414 of 477
i just use the do it yourself sheet of clear film protector from bestskinsever.com its the same stuff as invisible shield, very very tough stuff, depending on whos marketing dep you believe its helicopter blade edge protector or fancy car bumper paint protector film. either way its under 10 dollars shipped or so...just make a stencil by pencil rubbing a sheet of paper over the screen edge, then cut it out and still have plenty left over for whatever. only the screen needs much protection in my opinion, i just don't like bulking a slim device up. this stuff isn't like that garbage film material sold at big box stores, its clear and doesn't come off easy.
video of it being applied
YouTube - iPod Full Body Invisible Shield

btw the 726 is $129 at frys, the 728(8gb) is $169

i got the 726 instead of a nano, better headphones and sound quality and bigger screen for 20 bucks less!
smily_headphones1.gif

plus i did have some experience with a 615 which impressed me with its sound quality. i like the feel of the 726 much better, it feels solid and tightly built. the 615 type feels like hollow plastic. and the tactile buttons are better than the annoying to push button under a sheet of flexible plastic that 615 had some of. and the screen gives a much larger impression than the .4" would suggest.

as for encoding videos, i did try SUPER a while back, it sometimes rejects videos and feels bogged down. xilisoft encoders work fine, i like the batch processing/dvd encoding. tmpgenc has a moviestyle encoder that can encode in time stretching which might be neat but i haven't tried it yet. handbrake might work, but i haven't tried it yet. last time i tried i couldn't get any h264 to play with the 615. i tried so many settings. mpeg4 was much easier to get a video working.

video isn't brilliant, it needs more contrast. it is however smooth and watchable enough. the creative has a better screen, but its video battery life is half..never mind the general feeling of cheapness of the zens...

May 27, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #418 of 477
The NWZA728 is available at my local Best Buy and I am considering buying one but I want to confirm that I would not need to install any software in order to transfer songs to the Walkman. Is this correct?

May 27, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #419 of 477
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The NWZA728 is available at my local Best Buy and I am considering buying one but I want to confirm that I would not need to install any software in order to transfer songs to the Walkman. Is this correct?

Correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back