Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 4, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #1,966 of 4,539
I used my new E17 with my Quads for the first time with this soundtrack, and the low-end rumble was mesmerizing.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #1,967 of 4,539
Two hundred years ago, in 1812, La Grande Armée faced the russian army and then marched on Moscow.

In 1880, Tchaikovsky wrote The Year 1812, Festival Overture, for the celebrities surrounding the Tsar Alexander II's coronation 25th anniversary. The logistics were too demanding, and so the Overture was not played as planned.

In 1990, to celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Tchaikovsky, the Overture was played as planned in the hometown of Tchaikovsky. I don't want to ruin the finale for those who never heard it. Just sit back and enjoy. If you don't have tears by the end, you're not human. 
biggrin.gif

On the WOW factor, that's quite hard to beat.

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #1,968 of 4,539
Just discovered this on Gizmodo. Listened to it on my desktop speakers at first then i'm just like, "omg I have to listen to this on my Grados"

Aug 5, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #1,969 of 4,539
Quote:
Two hundred years ago, in 1812, La Grande Armée faced the russian army and then marched on Moscow.

In 1880, Tchaikovsky wrote The Year 1812, Festival Overture, for the celebrities surrounding the Tsar Alexander II's coronation 25th anniversary. The logistics were too demanding, and so the Overture was not played as planned.

In 1990, to celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Tchaikovsky, the Overture was played as planned in the hometown of Tchaikovsky. I don't want to ruin the finale for those who never heard it. Just sit back and enjoy. If you don't have tears by the end, you're not human. 
biggrin.gif

On the WOW factor, that's quite hard to beat.

I need better headphones :frowning2:

I'm pretty sure the piece was quite amazing, but I just don't get that echoey feeling that I get in a concert hall or outside. I just feel that in order to really appreciate pieces like these you've really got to feel that you're there in the audience, and I don't get that with any of my IEMs/headphones.

I did get that feeling I was looking for with my A151s, and I was shedding tears by the end without knowing why. Perhaps it's just so beautiful?

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #1,973 of 4,539
I find that my cans love midrange, so acoustic and vocal music works really well as a rule. There's a bit of treble roll-off though, which might be a bit of a turn off for some people. Personally, I find that it makes for a less fatiguing, comfortable sound.

Songs:
How Do You Keep The Music Playing — Frank Sinatra
Flamenco Sketches — Miles Davis
Friends — Led Zeppelin
The Battle of Evermore — Led Zeppelin
Gods Bound By Rules — *Forgot the actual artist*, Produced by Square Enix

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #1,974 of 4,539
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #1,975 of 4,539
Quote:
Wow. Just WOW. These guys know how to cover a song. EPIC.

Secrets - OneRepublic (Cover by Tiffany Alvord & ThePianoGuys)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxRMFwPpkBE

BTW, for those who don't know. The best audio quality on youtube is 720p and 1080p. There's no difference in audio quality between those two. And for the videos uploaded since July, these are 192 AAC.
http://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

Um, 720p and 1080p are video resolutions...

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #1,977 of 4,539
Quote:

Um, 720p and 1080p are video resolutions...

Elementary my dear Watson. But Youtube uses these names for it's quality settings (the gear button), which changes both video and audio quality. I'm just saying that the best audio quality on Youtube can be obtained with the "720p" setting. From an audiophile's perspective, "1080p" is a waste of bandwidth.

And since this forum does not allow you to embed "720p" videos, I'll be using links from now on. Cause I'm guessing most of you guys also use a plugin that changes youtube's quality to HD on load-up. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back