Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 29, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #31 of 4,539
I have to second Led Zeps "The Rain Song", But my favorite song to hear on my cans is Dire Straits "Sultans of Swing". I have the half speed mastered Mobile Fidelity Soundlabs disc. It's so much better than the over the counter disc.

Oct 29, 2005 at 12:13 AM Post #32 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by ambro
madonna - music
[size=xx-small]madonna - hollywood
50cent - outta control ( no **** , this sounds awesome with my HD-650's)[/size]
infected mushroom - muse breaks
shpongle - shpongle spores

Agreed x10.

Oct 29, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #34 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
Jane Monheit: Taking a Chance on Love

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm listening to it now. I love the song "I Won't Dance" but I can't stand that Michael Bublé. I wish it was Jane solo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
Jane Monheit, Somewhere over the Rainbow, RS-1's - that's an eargasm for sure.

Trying it on my HF-1 a.k.a the poorman's RS-1.
tongue.gif

Still very nice.

Oct 29, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #35 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm listening to it now. I love the song "I Won't Dance" but I can't stand that Michael Bublé. I wish it was Jane solo.

Trying it on my HF-1 a.k.a the poorman's RS-1.
tongue.gif

Still very nice.

My favorite tunes on there are Love Me or Leave Me and Why Can't You Behave.

I highly recommend her live album Live At the Rainbow room. Some Great renditions of Ivan Lins tunes on there.

I recently saw her live. I was sitting right in front of her and she sang Why Can't You Behave while pointing at me throughout the song. I was blushing, which really amused my wife.

Long live Borat. My all time favorite character.

Oct 29, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #37 of 4,539
Van Halen : Eruption, Panama, Jump, Respect the Wind (EVH & AVH)

Led Zeppelin: Stariway to heaven, Heartbreaker, Black Dog, Whole lotta love

Guns 'N' Roses: November Rain, Don't cry, Paradise city

Pink Floyd: Comfortably numb

Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze, Voodoo Child

U2: With or without you, Where the streets have no name, I still haven't find what i'm looking for, One

Journey: Don't stop beliving, Who's crying now, Faithfully, Foolish heart (Steve Perry)

Sarah McLachlan: Angel, Fallen

Enya: May it be, Carribean blue, Only time

The Eagles: Hotel California

Jefferson Starship: Sara

Sting: Fields of gold

Eminem: Mocking bird

Diana Krall: I love you just the way you are

Hope that's not too much to swallow. some of the tracks might be kinda old (ok i'm a dinosaur, but old school is the rule
600smile.gif
) if u wan hard rock its Van Halen to Jimi Hendrix.

Oct 29, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #39 of 4,539
With my current setup..

Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged. (The best thing MTV has ever done
tongue.gif
)
Antony & the Johnsons - I am a Bird Now
Bill Evans - Turn Out the Stars (live)
David Sanborn - Closer (The sax in the first track sounds amazing!)
Patricia Barber - Companion (sounds awesome out of the Senns!)
Pat Methany - The Way Up
Tenhi - Vare (One of the best recorded albums ever IMO)

Oct 29, 2005 at 4:56 AM Post #41 of 4,539
hmmm....

I noticed a LOT of dream theater... a lot of DT love around here I 'spose. But I bring it up because as far as the prog-metal category is concerned, I think DT's AWAKE was just an AMAZINGLY recorded album, such a pleasure. A little bright out of the sleeve, but a nice tube amp, and WOW, phatty, goey, punchy, organic, and it doesn't hurt to crank it up LOUD. Especially when this album is compared to Images and Words, which content wise is amazing, but I can't stand the almost 80's like production aesthetic.

I love Ryan (NOT BRYAN!) Adams MFSL remaster of his debut record Heartbreaker. Stunning SQ, especially vocally. There's so much stuff that sounds good though, although not technically perfect. IE: Radiohead's OK Computer. This album is not recorded with the Audiophile sensibility. It is muddy, uneven, harsh, angular, warm, distant and immediate all at the same time (even within the same track). But taken as part of the experience of the CD as a whole, suddenly it becomes clear that this record can sound AMAZING with the right phones. The music is just so headphone friendly. Their subsequent records sound much warmer and consistant.

Neil

Oct 29, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #42 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
If I had to pick just ONE... it would be SRV, Little Wing

Really? It annoys me that SRV uses overdrive for that song. It just makes it sound really crappy. The way the song is, any overdrive makes it sound like just plain bad clipping instead of that nice, smooth, overdrive SRV usually has.

Oct 29, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #43 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
My favorite cans are the HD600 and any classical music brings out the best in them.

Agreed (speaking for the HD580s as well)... ANY classical really sounds good with these cans! Luckily, most classical is well recorded also. Very few great recordings, but many good ones.

P.S. I'm not much of a jazz fan, but the HD580/600 really does justice to jazz as well in my opinion. One of these days I'll delve more into jazz, I've just never "gotten it" but someday I will.

Oct 29, 2005 at 5:23 AM Post #44 of 4,539
Agalloch - The Mantle
Katatonia - Viva Emptyness
My Dying Bride - Turn Lose The Swans
Clutch - Robot Hive / Exodus, Blast Tyrant
Laibach - WAT
ohGr - Welt, Sunnypsyop
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Oct 29, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #45 of 4,539
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine

Alice in Chains - MTV Unplugged. (The best thing MTV has ever done