Songs that make us bust a move!
Sep 20, 2014 at 9:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1,884
There are several songs out there, across many genres, that deserve to be called "toe tappers."

These are the songs that, for whatever reason, get you moving involuntarily - and that's the keyword here. I'm talking about those songs where you just find yourself rockin' unintentionally.

For some of us, that's literally nothing more than toe-tapping, but for others (like me), I can find myself dancing while still seated, but sometimes, I have to get on my feet and just go with it (only when no one is watching!)
tongue.gif

These songs may not be the best quality recordings and they could be a musician's most "formula" of compositions, nothing really original or innovative, but they have that hook that grabs you emotionally and a rhythm that forces you to bust a move!

Do tell - what gets you moving?

Don't post any songs to this thread going only on your memory of how they move you.

Only post a song when you've just found yourself "busting a move" - when it was completely involuntary. These are the songs I want to know about!

I can't wait see what my fellow Head-Fiers list!

Mike

UPDATE: To make searching this thread a lot friendlier, please include the following when posting a new song:

1. Embedded video (required)
  2. Artist and Song Title (required)
  3. Tidal Hi-Fi link (optional)

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 1,884
OK, I can't help myself - soloing on this thread, so far...

Public Enemy's Harder Than You Think has long been a track that gets me moving and it just popped up on my shuffled playlist.  

Never mind the opening lyrics that include the words "bust a move" - this track's simple composition just grabs me.  I love the brass!

Sep 23, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 1,884
Nice thread!

Here's one:

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/2S3WtJYgy1Q[/VIDEO]

1:14 is when I usually turn the volume up :D

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #9 of 1,884
To be played loud and just try and sit still around the 4:00 mark!
biggrin.gif

Don't forget to kick it up to 720 for the best audio.
beerchug.gif

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #11 of 1,884
  Haha!

My head started bobbing long before the climax at 4:00!  Good one!   You're up awfully late, aren't you?

I checked your profile and discovered you don't live far from a good friend of mine in Chester!  Small world.  I lived in Goose Bay as a child - well north of you.

beerchug.gif

Mike

Yes indeed it's a great song and great band. I'm always up late.
wink.gif

Tis a small world for sure, Chester is just down the road, a nice place with some very nice homes. Labrador is just to cold and rugged for my liking, I spent a few years in Lynn Lake Manitoba when I was young and that was bad enough. Great fishing... but the black flies were the size of house flies.

So I'll say good night and leave you with another tune that always gets me boppin' around.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back