songfacts.com A great fun info site
Feb 17, 2005 at 9:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

eyeteeth

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.songfacts.com/

After all these years I learn I didn't know so much about songs I knew so well!
blink.gif
cool.gif

Feb 17, 2005 at 10:02 AM Post #2 of 8
Nice find!!!

Feb 17, 2005 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 8
i like the site, thanks for the link - but some of the (users') comments are so unbelievably stupid that i really wonder where those people get their ideas from...

prime example: bohemian rhapsody being about aids (mhm, in 1975...)

fortunately, some comments have enlightening things to say. strict moderation would do the site a lot of good, though.

Feb 17, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan
i like the site, thanks for the link - but some of the (users') comments are so unbelievably stupid that i really wonder where those people get their ideas from...

I didn't realize as I didn't even look at the comments.
I just looked at the facts.

I like the site as navigation is fast, direct, easy.
No B.S. run around.

I discovered it when searching to verify the true recording session's locations and dates for Zep's Physical Grafitti. Which songs were from the Zep III, Zep IV & HOTH sessions.

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
I didn't realize as I didn't even look at the comments.
I just looked at the facts.

no, read the comments as well - if you have an internal /ignore button
biggrin.gif

all in all the comments are not as bad as i initially thought (the 'top ten list' has most of the nutcases), quite the contrary: some knowledgeable fans provide additional insight, and there's some discussion going on (slightly hindered by the sub-par forum technology). even if only part of the comments is based on fact, the myths are interesting as well
smily_headphones1.gif

apparently the better contributions are regularly added to the 'facts' part - that's a fine and civil way of moderation that leaves the decision to the reader. so at second glance i like the site even better and wholeheartedly recommend it for any music fan.

Feb 18, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by gregr507
Good find, I use a similar website called http://www.songmeanings.net/

thanks, another nice find...

yet again i stumble over 'bohemian rhapsody' and again a sad fellow "opines" that it's about aids... yes, in 1975... this has to be the most ignorant urban legend in musical history.

but i won't make the same mistake again and this time read more before i let loose in general about the comments' quality
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back