Somic v2 Headphone Review by mark2410
Jun 16, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 69
I'd like to share our special coupon code for Somic V2 : LHDRJ9
It will reduce the price to $36 the coupon will be end at 10th July.
When compare with the Amazon price, you will find the benefit that Gearbest provide.
wink_face.gif

http://www.gearbest.com/on-ear-over-ear-headphones/pp_349492.html 

Jun 16, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #18 of 69
Hi,

I've been looking to replace my Monoprice 8323 headphones and had been considering either the Superlux HD668B or HD681 Evo, though I've been unable to find a comparative review. How do the Somics compare to the Suoerlux and similarly, the Monoprice; would any of them be a step up?

I listen to a fairly wide range of music, though mainly rock (Queens of the Stone Age, Pearl Jam, Radiohead), but don't want to be overwhelmed with bass - I don't mind a bit of bass but would prefer something a bit more balanced.

£25 is about a much as I can throw at anything at the moment and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris

Jun 16, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #19 of 69
Hi,

I've been looking to replace my Monoprice 8323 headphones and had been considering either the Superlux HD668B or HD681 Evo, though I've been unable to find a comparative review. How do the Somics compare to the Suoerlux and similarly, the Monoprice; would any of them be a step up?

I listen to a fairly wide range of music, though mainly rock (Queens of the Stone Age, Pearl Jam, Radiohead), but don't want to be overwhelmed with bass - I don't mind a bit of bass but would prefer something a bit more balanced.

£25 is about a much as I can throw at anything at the moment and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Chris
I can only comment on the hd668bs. I love this headphone as it has very clear sound and a wide soundstage. These are treble forward cans so they can sound a bit piercing at times. The stock pads are crap and I recommend buying replacement velour pads.

Jun 17, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #20 of 69
Hi,

Cheers,

Chris

i cant comment on the 668 but i have also reviewed the 681 evo  http://www.head-fi.org/t/805775/superlux-hd681evo-review-by-mark2410

i hope that clarifies things, then if you have any more q's feel free to come back and ask away

Jun 17, 2016 at 7:05 AM Post #21 of 69
How would you say the Somics compare to the Evos? I think the Evos may be a little too bass happy for me, after reading your review (and the 668Bs seem a bit harsh in the treble), but I'm not sure if their other qualities outweigh the more balanced sound of the Somics? :confused_face_2:

I guess the question I'm asking is, are either of the headphones intrinsically better, or are they just different?

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #22 of 69
How would you say the Somics compare to the Evos? I think the Evos may be a little too bass happy for me, after reading your review (and the 668Bs seem a bit harsh in the treble), but I'm not sure if their other qualities outweigh the more balanced sound of the Somics?
confused_face_2.gif

I guess the question I'm asking is, are either of the headphones intrinsically better, or are they just different?

oh thats easy, the Somic's are better.  at this pricing level a 50 price increase over the other makes a very noticeable difference so with eas the Somic v2's are better, though thats doesnt necessarily mean that they are "better" for you.  the Somics are much more grown up in their balance and behaviour where as the evo's are bassy party time.

so really for selecting between the two you need to decide what sound signature is the one you want.  both are great value for money so you cant really go wrong with either but they are very differently flavoured.  like one being a bottle of flavoured water  and one a bottle of coke.

btw what stuff have you heard and how did you find them?  becaues since your new, what i and people arround here may call bassy may not be what you would think of as bassy

Jun 17, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #23 of 69
Thanks for the heads-up; the only experience I have of headphones (in recent years), is with the Monoprice I mentioned. I have a two year old son and the only real chance I get to listen to music these days is when he's asleep, so... :D

I have a Teac NPH-750 plus CD player as my main source and recently picked up a Benjie S5, if that makes any difference.

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #24 of 69
Jun 19, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #25 of 69
Thanks for the heads-up; the only experience I have of headphones (in recent years), is with the Monoprice I mentioned. I have a two year old son and the only real chance I get to listen to music these days is when he's asleep, so...
biggrin.gif

I have a Teac NPH-750 plus CD player as my main source and recently picked up a Benjie S5, if that makes any difference.

well im not familar with that one so i cant really say as to the bass quantitiy and hew it may compare.  either way thought you cant go wrong ith either of them.

Hi george, how long does gearbest processing time will take? They asked me for id and credit card photo also.

erm, they dont, or atleast when ive ordered stuff from them they havent.   though ive never had anywhere ask for id or a photo of the card

Jun 19, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #26 of 69
well im not familar with that one so i cant really say as to the bass quantitiy and hew it may compare.  either way thought you cant go wrong ith either of them.

erm, they dont, or atleast when ive ordered stuff from them they havent.   though ive never had anywhere ask for id or a photo of the card

I think that is wierd, AE and ebay never asked my id also although i live in indonesia.

Jul 11, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #27 of 69
Jul 12, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #29 of 69
Also do they need any amplifier or will PC SoundMAX // Sansa Clip worth with them by itself? I also need to see equalizer chart for them before I buy but I can't find it.

Also, they are half-open, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back