some thoughts about bb insignia receiver.
Nov 9, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #16 of 17
soundboy, we are on the same page.

i enjoyed collecting 2-5 watt single ended triodes. i don't feel the need to listen loud. as with fine liqueur my philosophy is "less is more". i don't sit and get drunk with $80 tequila. i don't listen loud when i have a choice. i think my ears will thank me for that in years to come. i also think that the ears/brain can decipher more information at lower volume levels. straining to hear increases ones acuity. there are entire thesis on that subject. what do i know anyways, i listen to progressive jazz and classical. it goes with my mentality regarding audio.

thats is just my opinion, ymmv. there is no right or wrong way to enjoy audio. i would however warn against listening to total distortion above 100db. which is exactly what the insignia would provide at that pressure level!

music_man

Nov 13, 2006 at 4:40 AM Post #17 of 17
i have found a receiver for $100 that one need not be ashamed to own. radio shack cat no. 31-100, sherwood rx4109. it is from an established name brand and sounds ok even at moderate levels. make sure it is the rx4109 you get. the rx4105 is not the same quality. it is not great but it is quite a bit better than the insignia. this would be good to power the insignia speakers.

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back