Some of you guys were wondering about these, probably the biggest cans I've ever seen....
Mar 23, 2011 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Blasto_Brandino

Has changed names to BattleBrat
After I posted a picture of a friend of mine wearing them I decided to dig them out of storage. I bought these puppies off eBay for about $120 during a FURIOUS bid battle for them several years ago, they are new. They are chrome plated plastic, not that heavy, my Pro 4Titanium's weigh about the same. I had removed the drivers because they were garbage (I was very good and did not damage the housings in ANYWAY, needless to say there is plenty of room for drivers) and I wanted to mount some CD3000 transducers in them (I'd probably have to go through 4sq feet of dynamat to deaden the resonance in these bad boys). I also planned on buying the biggest ghetto blaster I could find and use them with (go all out or don't go at all, that's my motto) I have given up on them, but if anyone is interested let me know. the outer vinyl trim has shrunk and detached due to age heating, stretching, and gluing will be necessary.
Those are DT880s and Portapros (which i am in love with) in the pic with them BTW

Mar 23, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #2 of 5
Woah, those are huge!  Are they vintage, and do they sound as big as they look?

Mar 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
After I posted a picture of a friend of mine wearing them I decided to dig them out of storage. I bought these puppies off eBay for about $120 during a FURIOUS bid battle for them several years ago, they are new. They are chrome plated plastic, not that heavy, my Pro 4Titanium's weigh about the same. I had removed the drivers because they were garbage (I was very good and did not damage the housings in ANYWAY, needless to say there is plenty of room for drivers) and I wanted to mount some CD3000 transducers in them (I'd probably have to go through 4sq feet of dynamat to deaden the resonance in these bad boys). I also planned on buying the biggest ghetto blaster I could find and use them with (go all out or don't go at all, that's my motto) I have given up on them, but if anyone is interested let me know. the outer vinyl trim has shrunk and detached due to age heating, stretching, and gluing will be necessary.
Those are DT880s and Portapros (which i am in love with) in the pic with them BTW

With all due respect, but man, those are some ugly MOFO.

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 5
Now, ugly is a bit strong don't you think?  I personally think they have a nice classic look to them, very similar to 1950's era American cars that had generous amount of chrome accents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back