[SOLVED] DAC Not working for just one pair of headphones
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RoastedPecans

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone I just got a Monoprice DAC/AMP 11567 and I'm playing it through my Lenovo Laptop. I'm streaming music in high quality from Spotify (320kbps) and outputting it at the highest quality (24-bit, 96000 Hz). For some reason when I plug in headphones (Logitech UE6000's) the singing / mids are really really quiet and the sound is definitely thrown off. It also appears to be playing in mono for some reason. I've tried using two different cables on the headphones too. When I plug in my Shure SE215's everything works fine and I tried another pair of headphones and they work fine too. I've also tried updating all the drivers for both the DAC and my USB Hubs (Why not?) just to make sure it wasn't a low-level issue. I have some HD 650's on the way so hopefully when those get here I'll be able to see if it affects other headphones too. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I feel like it's probably a software / config problem... Someone suggested using a media player called FooBar2k with Wasapi to output bit-exact output.

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 3
My guess is that the plug on the headphones is not making good contact in the Jack. Do not wiggle it back and forth (bad for the jack), but make sure the headphone is plugged in all the way. also, make sure that the cable is plugged in all the way into the headphones themselves.

Jun 4, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Okay interesting update. I figured it out. Everything was plugged in all the way but the cable I'm using has an inline-mic and when I flipped it so the mic-end of the cable was going into the AMP it started working perfectly. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back