SOHA II Builders Thread
Oct 27, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #31 of 1,694
I used wiatrom's drill template for the bottom, and added top / side vent holes like this, and it gets a little warm, but nowhere near hot. The nod is toward Holland's case, where the bottom and top vents seem quite adequate, or a vented top / bottom as runeight aluded to. This is with all stock BOM except Auricap on c1.

Oct 27, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #32 of 1,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone (other than Ferrari, who has a much bigger case) using an unventilated top?

The case I used does have vents on both sides of the enclosure + the two 1” diameter tubes holes on top, while the 2 tubes are actually located outside the enclosure (air-cooling). Moreover, the heater voltage regulator (in high current mode) is mounted directly on the 3mm thick aluminum enclosure, which serves as a large heatsink. The amp does get hand-warm in the long run, but never warmer than body temperature.

I miss the amp a lot since my GF took the amp to her office.
frown.gif

Afbeelding552.jpg

Oct 28, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #35 of 1,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferrari /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The case I used does have vents on both sides of the enclosure + the two 1” diameter tubes holes on top...
I miss the amp a lot since my GF took the amp to her office.
frown.gif

So it does! don't know how I missed those, must've been focused on the tubes...

My condolences on your loss!

Oct 28, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #36 of 1,694
Quote:

Originally Posted by runeight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks Uncle Bob. I'll fix this.

How's your SOHA II doing?

Not so good
frown.gif
I still haven't received my board, it's looking like its been lost in transit. If it hasn't arrived by this weekend, I'll have to order another one from Jeff

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:22 AM Post #38 of 1,694
Anybody listening to the II with Denons? At our mini-meet, we again noticed the particular synergy of the II with all Sennheisers.

With Denon 7000s, the II significantly lifted the soundstage, brightened the mids and highs and seems to decrease the bass. Very interesting...

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #39 of 1,694
IIRC, Postal_Blue did his entire review of the II with Denons. I can't find that link at the moment, but I'm pretty sure that he did.

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #42 of 1,694
Is anywhere avalible SOHA II build kit?
I am very interested in this buliding amp but I don't like buying parts from a few shop..
I know that the SOHA II build kit will be relised in a short time but is anywhere avalible SOHA II build kit?
Cheers..

Is the SOHA II good for RS1?

Nov 2, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #44 of 1,694
I've already send him an email..
smily_headphones1.gif

Have anyone tried SOHA II with RS1 or RS2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back