Soft Mushroom Eartips - any experience?
Apr 8, 2014 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BB187

New Head-Fier
I was looking on the ebay and stumbled on this item:

Soft Replacement Mushroom Eartips buds for Shure In Ear Earphones
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-pcs-S-M-L-Soft-Replacement-Mushroom-Eartips-buds-Shure-Ear-Earphones-/221253662327?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3383bef677

Has anyone tried them and could give me any input on:
// comfort if worn for a long hours
// comfort of deeper insertion - I see those are quite long in comparison to usual eartips.
// easiness of insertion into ear canal. these must be very soft 
// how they keep the seal if I actively move or...eat
// sound isolation

As I am in quest for best fit should I give these a try?

Apr 8, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 9
I have not seen them before, but they look very similar to the standard Klipsch tips, don't you think?  This could be a generic version or a knock off of some sort.  Regardless, I have never heard them called "mushrooms", but I am not in the audio engineering induatry either.

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 9
I own X10 and have experience with oval Klipsch eartips. They are ok, but I have some seal issues. This is why I look for different tips: X10 is perfect except for this characteristic. 

The ones on the ebay page look a little different:
- the form is not oval
- they seem to be longer, so must fit much deeper into ear canal

Apr 15, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #5 of 9
I guess I really didn't have an answer. I looked at my V-Moda Bliss tips and they looked very similar. Since tips are not that expensive, why buy a knockoff or generic product when there are so many good options out there?

Apr 18, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 9
You can compare two pictures:

These do not look like twins, this is why I asked for help with possible experience.
It looks like nobody has tried them, so maybe I will try myself.
And maybe write a review someday.

Apr 20, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 9
That is a great idea, and now that you point out the differences, I see what you mean. A longer stem may mean a deeper insertion and possible a better seal. I sold my only Shure IEM so I don't have a handy reference.

Let me know what you find.

Oct 1, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #8 of 9
Finally bought myself these mushrooms. And I love them.

Pros:
- with right size better seal, better isolation 
- stays in my ear no matter what I do: walking, eating, etc.
- comfortable if worn for longer periods
- the sound comes closer to eardrum so your earphones become a little more sensitive

Cons:
- takes time to know what is your size. For me smaller one are not comfortable - though I usually go with this size
- takes time to get used how to insert
- visible if there is earwax on them

Soundwise, can't say that they have changed the sound itself - earphones sound more or less the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back