SoFlo Mini Meet 11/3 Impressions
Nov 7, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #32 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
I will do you a deal you can not believe! First I will loan them to you for say a week or two. If you like them we will talk, however if you ever decide to sell them I MUST have rights at first refusal. Pretty decent, right?
cool.gif

I think the K340 after they went back to Larry for a second tweaks sound fantastic. The mids are to die for (thanks Philodox for bringing this cans to my attention with your posts). At first I wanted to sell them and Kugino (I would want 1st right at refusal if selling them) has expressed an interest so at the end of the day he may end up with them, who knows.

Regardless who owns they are IMO the sweetest midrange dynamic cans I have listen too, and by the way mine are terminated in a 1/4".

ahem...yes, i do believe i have first dibs on the k340
biggrin.gif

i would have loved to hear them with the zana, though...

Nov 7, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #33 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
ahem...yes, i do believe i have first dibs on the k340
biggrin.gif

i would have loved to hear them with the zana, though...

If I decide to sell them you have 1st bids and tyrion 2nd. Somedays I want to sell the K340 to get other stuff, then I listen to them and I say no way. It is hard to let go.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #34 of 106
Important mini-meet K340 lesson #1: No matter who gets them or what pair gets got by whom, make sure you use the velour pads over the pleather. What a difference! Miguel, pm me that contact info if you can.

Nov 7, 2006 at 12:21 PM Post #35 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana
Important mini-meet K340 lesson #1: No matter who gets them or what pair gets got by whom, make you use the velour pads over the pleather. What a difference! Miguel, pm me that contact info if you can.

Miguel please pm me with the contact info as well

Vicki, you cost me some $$ I just contacted Larry for the updates to my 340s plus Zebrawood sides. I can't wait until these get done while I like the sound of the half mod (cable only) the full mod is soooooooo much better

Nov 7, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #36 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801
Miguel please pm me with the contact info as well

Vicki, you cost me some $$ I just contacted Larry for the updates to my 340s plus Zebrawood sides. I can't wait until these get done while I like the sound of the half mod (cable only) the full mod is soooooooo much better

You guys keep talking like this and the price of the K340 is going to go back up before I get a pair.

Nov 7, 2006 at 3:28 PM Post #37 of 106
I got my Velour pads when AKG was in Nashville, TN

Late Summer 2006 they moved to California and I do not have their contact information. Sorry.

If you all find out before I do post and let me know I may want to get a 2nd pair and then if I sell the K340 the new owner would have nice new earpads.
cool.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #38 of 106
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801

But remember it was the other way around only a short while ago: if I hadn't heard your K340s at the last meet, I wouldn't have remembered that pair sitting all lonely, boxed up, and unloved in a NYC apt. AND, I think my K1000 purchase can be directly linked to your influence...come to think of it, I can pretty much, by extension, blame you for my next amp purchase (most likely for the K1000s).

BTW, the zebra will be real nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion
You guys keep talking like this and the price of the K340 is going to go back up before I get a pair.

I guess you better hurry up.
340smile.gif

Nov 7, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #39 of 106
Quote:

I got my Velour pads when AKG was in Nashville, TN

Late Summer 2006 they moved to California and I do not have their contact information. Sorry.

If you all find out before I do post and let me know I may want to get a 2nd pair and then if I sell the K340 the new owner would have nice new earpads.
cool.gif

Vicky, John, Miguel ...

You might start at AKG USA, but good luck, since they are now part of Harmon International.

Aslo, dunno if you've checked with Larry at Headphile, but those velour pads he has for the Darth Beyer's may fit?

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:35 AM Post #40 of 106
Dan Muzquiz of www.blackbirdaudio.com sent me an email with the AKG contact information in California. Here it is:

8500 Balboa Boulevard
Northridge, CA 91329

Information and literature:
akgusasales@harman.com
Phone: +1 818 920-3212
Fax: +1 818 920-3208

Marketing materials, literature, POP, advertising materials and
literature:
akgusamarketing@harman.com

Applications support and technical questions:
akgusatechsupport@harman.com

Service information and quotations:
akgusaservice@harman.com

Thanks Dan!

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #42 of 106
Quote:

Thanks. I sent an email.

BTW, listening to Arvo Part's Lamentate with the 340s and Heed right now...stunning.

Vicky, how many hours of burn in does the Heed have? How is the bass? Thanks.

Nov 8, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #43 of 106
Nice to hear the K340's getting some praise. The mods look great... I see you went with bloodwood as well? Or is that Paduak?

EDIT: Still not sure what I think of that inscription on the wood. I think I will have to see it in person to make a judgement.

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #44 of 106
Quote:

Vicky, how many hours of burn in does the Heed have? How is the bass? Thanks.

Not many. Due to an annoying work schedule, I only got the boxes re-opened last night. Re bass, I still feel your Heed had a slightly fuller sound. At the same time, my memory's fading and I've been listening to my Darth Beyers all afternoon at work while grading papers (Kids, learn to spell; you're killing your teachers) Most any bass will sound thin after that. We'll see. I'm still getting used to this sound. Will you have the demo CanAmp at the Dec meet? I'll be interested to compare then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Nice to hear the K340's getting some praise. The mods look great... I see you went with bloodwood as well? Or is that Paduak?

There are a few headphiled K340 fans down here. Weren't you supposed to visit us? Or are you waiting to show off your new amp? Mine are Cocobolo.

Nov 9, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #45 of 106
Quote:

Thanks. I sent an email.

BTW, listening to Arvo Part's Lamentate with the 340s and Heed right now...stunning.

I am going to have to loan you the ECSS for a week or so, In our meet conditions it was tought to point out diffences. The Heed while it has a wider stage and a crazy solid center image has what I can only describe as a Senn like veil that the ECSS does not..

I am not as gifted as some in the area off audio prose so i will describe it as with the Heed the music is good but when I have the ECSS plugged in I have more chair dancing and toe tapping going on. You are closer to the music somewhat like looking through a clear freshly cleaned window on a sunny beautiful day with the Heed I feel like the day is beautiffull but there is a low level of tint of the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back