So, what are all the canalphones in the $50~ or less price range?
May 7, 2007 at 8:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, yes. I know about the search function, however, I have no idea how I'd search for a simple list of these products, especially because new ones have been coming out so often. Anyway, I'll start a list of ones I can think of off the top of my head. Reply and I'll add them to this post. Correct my spelling also, as I haven't read much about nearly any of these.

SHARP HP-MD33S
Sennheiser CX300
Creative EP630
V-MODA Vibes (slightly over budget)
JBL References 220
JVC Marshmallows
Ultimate Ears Metro.fi
j-JAYS
Sony Fontopia EX71
Crossroads Mylar3

May 7, 2007 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 11
My friends are nuts about the Sony Fontopias (71's). They're around $30 off Amazon US [google.com], I believe.

-lk

May 7, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #4 of 11
Crossroads mylar 3 at $57 gets my vote for all those found in the sub $200 category.

May 7, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeivan86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crossroads mylar 3 at $57 gets my vote for all those found in the sub $200 category.

IS THIS SOME KIND OF A SCHEME? NOT TO BE HARSH BUT ALL YOU HAVE WROTE ABOUT IS HOW THE M3 ARE THE BEST AND BEATS THIS AND THAT EVER SINCE YOUVE JOINED HEAD-FI. WHATS UP WITH THIS. THE REASON IM SO FIRED UP IS BECAUSE ITS ON THIS SITE WAY TOO OFTEN NOW AND ITS GETTING OUT OF HAND. end rant

May 7, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #6 of 11
I agree with M2. People from that specific part of Asia are hailing those IEMs as something thats BEATS actual 150 dollar range IEMs at a 1/3 of the price and its starting to sound like a marketing campaign to get people to spend their hard earned money at ONE poorly designed website for something most of the world hasn't even heard of.

I really hope people don't start spending in droves just because a bunch of guys from Asia say these new asian headphones are better than Super Fi's, etc. It's the easiest way to make a website make some quick cash and its starting to be obnoxious.

May 7, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 11
Aren't we entitled to our own opinion? I can say that because I have tried out all those iems and found this to be the most bang for buck.
It cannot compete with the triple drivers iems but can give most dual driver iems a run for their money.
It is up to you if you wish to believe in it and as a user who have tried it, I am definitely in a position to post my opinions. If I had not tried it, I wouldn't even be posting about it or even endorsing about it.
If you are still skeptical about it, you can check out a respected member, kramer, opinion on it.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ds#post2901631

Another post by another user:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ar#post2915613

Isn't it in the spirit of head-fi to share our views on what we think is the best deal? Doesn't mean that something is more expensive is better. Thats the bottomline of the whole thing
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2007 at 10:23 AM Post #9 of 11
That's because we know something you guys don't and have heard something you guys haven't.
I have a pair of um1s and the M3 and the mylar3 beats the um1s hands down in terms of SQ. Not in build quality, not in microphonics, not in isolation, not in looks, but the SQ is way ahead of the um1. And at half the price too.

May 8, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree with M2. People from that specific part of Asia are hailing those IEMs as something thats BEATS actual 150 dollar range IEMs at a 1/3 of the price and its starting to sound like a marketing campaign to get people to spend their hard earned money at ONE poorly designed website for something most of the world hasn't even heard of.

I really hope people don't start spending in droves just because a bunch of guys from Asia say these new asian headphones are better than Super Fi's, etc. It's the easiest way to make a website make some quick cash and its starting to be obnoxious.

This is absurd. You really think a group of head-fiers, some registered years back, are here to make profit on $57 shipped canalphones?

It's the world of user generated contents now. Not everything you read on webboard are geared to get your money. It's also useful if you try looking for existing reviews before start asking for one.

For the OP, how about Marshmallows' sister, the JVC HAFX55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back