So Sir Paul McCartney's fortune will play a starring role after all.
Aug 9, 2006 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

setmenu

Strongly opposes a DBT-free chair forum.
Could not help but notice this article in the Daily Telepgraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...9/nmacca09.xml

So much for it's not about the cash etc etc.
rolleyes.gif

Poor bugger.

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs
This is sick. A divorce can turn women into thieves.

Possibly, but on the other hand many women are left penniless by husbands who waltz off with younger women and dont pay enough maintenance or alimony, women who have been unpaid servants and child carers for decades.

Personally thougn I would have thought 30 Million would be enough for anyone from a purely needs basis.

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #5 of 44
Was this seriously a suprise to anyone?
rolleyes.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 44
I hate gold diggers... Linda contributed nothing to Paul's wealth. Why should she deserve such a large chunk of it? Poor Poor...

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 44
And I thought they were getting along fine...Well, I'm don't know why she needs more than 30 mil. British pounds. You can live the rest of your life with that kind of money, and even develop a good stock portfolio so your kids can reap the benefits in the coming years. But it's only money. If 200 mil. British pounds is the price of complete separation, then so be it. The guy has 625 mil. more to swim in.

Aug 9, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #8 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
I hate gold diggers... Linda contributed nothing to Paul's wealth. Why should she deserve such a large chunk of it? Poor Poor...

Linda McCartney died in 1998.

This wife's name is Heather Mills.

And by the way, I don't think Linda ever cared about Paul's money.

Aug 9, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 44
I know this is largely an anti-woman male locker room kind of forum. Lots of animosity due to bad relationships and divorces, etc., and this place is a bit of a boy's club, where men like you can hear you vent, nevermind the women that you might be insulting or belittling along the way. I know that's just how it is, and any attempt to correct it or draw attention to it makes that person the bad guy.

However, there are two sides to every story. We don't know why it's getting nasty, but I'll hazard a guess Sir Paul ain't squeaky clean either, so let's not be so quick to villify based on gender, mmm'kay?

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #10 of 44
It was not my intention that this thread result in anything misogynistic!
But in world of the super rich bloody and expensive divorce settlements are
not exactly unusual.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #11 of 44
considering the few cases that went through the courts in the past 2 months, he is on course to pay out about 30% of his fortune !!!

The case of Miller, this woman who was only married for 2 years, no kids got 1/3 of the husband's money.

Heather Mills has been married for longer, plus they have a kid together, which will be used as leveage no doubt. He is looking at losing more than an arm and a leg.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #12 of 44
I just wonder what he did that would make a woman go for the jugular. From hearing the locker room talk that goes on about such things on our side of the fence, sometimes they feel that the men care about nothing else other than the wallet, so you make them pay, get them wear it hurts, you helped, you're entitled... that kind of thing.

I'm not even going to pass judgement there because I'm not in the marriage myself, and whose to say the woman or man is right or wrong? Probably both a little right and a lot wrong, but only they well and truly know for sure.

But who gets hurt in all this? The kids. They're people, not pawns or weapons.

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
considering the few cases that went through the courts in the past 2 months, he is on course to pay out about 30% of his fortune !!!

The case of Miller, this woman who was only married for 2 years, no kids got 1/3 of the husband's money.

Heather Mills has been married for longer, plus they have a kid together, which will be used as leveage no doubt. He is looking at losing more than an arm and a leg.

Hmm, she may have a leg to stand on then...

Wait a minute...
eek.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #14 of 44
IMHO Paul McCartney is a moron, He know how much his worth and yet married without signing prenuptial agreement is just foolish. I have no pity for idiots. Fools and his money will soon be separated.

Aug 9, 2006 at 8:37 PM Post #15 of 44
One of the reasons I will never marry.... why should this money grabbing woman get £30 let alone £30,000,000? She should have to work for her money scrubbing floors and making dinners, simply handing out millions to "women" just because they ask for it should be made illegal. Mr. McCartney worked for "his" money and should be entitled to keep it IMO. If I were him I'd have sent her packing with her mops and bucket and maybe £5 in her pocket for a bus. £30 million?? he must be barking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back