So i've finally been sucked into this hobby..
Oct 21, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #16 of 44
from singapore also here.
burnt after M2, HJ900, TF10, CK10 and SM3.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #17 of 44
Yes Hurray! I am a Singaporean too, I also frequent the Singapore Hardwarezone Forums but its just a far farrrr cry from HEad-Fi in terms of bustling-level, information and the size of fellow audiophiles here =))

Oct 21, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 44
Yeah, And btw my Miles Davis which i bought at Stereo PS had its left driver down (confirm not jack and cable problem, The sound was weirdly fuzzy and went off. Tomorrow i going down to the Distributor Hwee Seng Electronics since they are the only one offering warranty for locals.           Hope They will give me a new healthy pair of MDs FAST! For now i has my Ortofon e-Q7 to appease my angry ears xD

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #20 of 44
How about you guys also post how much do you get the stuff for singapore? Other than treoo I mean.. any good websites to order online etc.. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #21 of 44
Hmm not so sure, for online other than Treoo would be Bluetin SG Branch? And I dunno if Jaben does transactions online or not, But I think neither are to be expected for good deals, Since there isn't much dealers in such respect other than Jaben and Stereos and Treoo and Bluetin

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #22 of 44
Yeah thats true. I think only treoo ships internationally. Jaben and Stereo are the only other retail shops in Singapore. So actually there market for these are quite small.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #23 of 44
for higher end earphone, retail shops in sgp are selling earphones in retail price which is very ex. it's better wait promotion in international website and ship back to sgp. back in dec last year, TF10 was sold for $99 USD = S$160 after shipping. it was much cheaper than $600+ retail price here.

but for mid range earphone, it's better to buy here since the price after shipping is comparable.

above is just based on my observation.

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #24 of 44
Once I hit custom monitors (Which seems pretty soon) and a good amp like the Shadow or Arrow. I will stop. So far I've been able to save temptation from buying any heaphones for the past 5 yrs. I've just stuck to my ER4-P which I love... until they broke.
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #25 of 44
I'm sorry about your ER4-P, then again, the old has to give way to the new some day. :) I'm telling myself the exact same thing, but I doubt I'd really keep to it. It's just a wallet-killing hobby.

On a side note: this is becoming like a semi-singaporean thread! In any case, most of what I have are gotten online. : D treoo seems to have started offering the SM3's very recently though.

Quote:
Once I hit custom monitors (Which seems pretty soon) and a good amp like the Shadow or Arrow. I will stop. So far I've been able to save temptation from buying any heaphones for the past 5 yrs. I've just stuck to my ER4-P which I love... until they broke.
frown.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #26 of 44
Jaben do online business, but they often pair up with other items which I dun really need it. Only Treoo is doing online and international business. They do have a wide range of headphone equipment to choose from, but a great pity that they dun have a retail shop! 

Another place I would recommend is try Ebay or Amazon, if not wait for people to mass order some stuff.

I am from Singapore too! 

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #27 of 44
Man, all these Singaporean audiophiles! :p

I personally came from Hong Kong, but despite of having two major retailers here, I am envious that you guys at least got an online shop that sell Fischer equipments. I wonder if there is a way to get Fischer in contact with one of the retailers in Hong Kong...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 22, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #28 of 44
What are the 2 major shops in HK that specialize in this field? Can's seem to find one during my last visit there. I only heard of Uncle Mingo, which my friend intro me to it.

Well quite fortunate for us Singaporean to have online store like them available, however the market over at Singapore is very small. Don't see many people with portable amp or good headphone carry around. Mostly for people us here use the by default ipod earphone =(

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #29 of 44
There are Kingsound and Uncle Mingo. Both retailers sell a huge selection of headphones... with Kingsound selling them at lower prices than most. XD

... I am actually not sure whether if having people carry default iPod earphones are better. In HK, everyone carries Monster Beats (every SINGLE variation of them, from the in-ear to the on-ear to the studios). I squealed like a little girl when I saw a guy wearing AKG headphones for a change, hahahaha.

Oct 22, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #30 of 44
hmmmm, not to offense, on my recent visit there, I can see Monster Headphone selling at Woman Street that shopping street, so my thinking is these Monster might be fake one, since it can be obtain so easily. In Singapore, you can see many people wearing Monster around too, real or fake one, I can't tell it straight, maybe after listening to it can tell. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back