So I just got my Senn HD555...
Mar 19, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 13
confused.gif

Mar 19, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #3 of 13
...and it vanished!!!

Mar 19, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #4 of 13
It was the server's fault lol

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that during silence there is still a very audible sound as if I had my head outside the window. Just a lot of air. Rather annoying especially when a track is playing and hits a low. This was not a problem with my old 570s.

Any way to resolve this??

Mar 19, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #10 of 13
sounds like you now need an amp.

when I listen through just my soundcard I will get hiss. but if I add a receiver the hiss goes away. so, it may partly be an impdeance mismatch, but more likely it needs more juice.

Mar 19, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #11 of 13
This is interesting. Apperantly, if I connect the headphones directly to my soundcard the hiss goes away. Currently, I'm using some basic dj mixer (I fooled around with it a couple of years ago) to connect to my pc because it allows me to choose between my headphones or the speakers without having to unplug/plug stuff everytime I want to change it.

I may just end up getting rid of it then
frown.gif
Unless you guys have any suggestions for me.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #13 of 13
If the dj mixer is doing it you may want to try messing around with the settings, but I doubt the hiss will go away since that dj mixer probably is degrading the signal (well it is with the hiss). i know how you feel with trying to connect pc speakers and headphones as i have a 5.1 system and anytime i want to interchange i have to go behind the computer. which is ass. which almost makes me want to reinstall my creative live card just to connect my speakers to...but i'm not that crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back