So I have a bit of cash to burn
May 7, 2009 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

GN85

100+ Head-Fier
Kenwood Media Keg MG-E504-B

Oh how tempting...

Is the sound quality noticeably better quality than most other MP3 players? Would I be getting my money's worth?

I really don't want an MP3 player with a big screen as I switch tracks very often, and I think it drains the battery. I'm looking for something small, well built, simple... should I?
tongue.gif

May 7, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #3 of 22
That is alot of cash for 4 gigs....but you do get a SD slot. They are supposed to have great sound. I have a Sony of similar layout and the one thing I don't like is the button layout. I listen to podcasts in my work truck and am pausing often. When I resume I have to hit the play buttonsquarly or I skip or repeat the track....somthing to think about.

May 7, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 22
--You've got cash to burn?! Why, I run a cash incineration service!

It's a non-profit operation motivated solely by selfless altruism and unstinting beneficence towards all human beings who suffer the ignominy of being burdened with too much cash.

Why suffer another moment of shame? Send your money to me! I'll make sure that it's promptly disposed of--I'll burn all of those hateful little presidents until their own treasury wouldn't recognize 'em! Best of all, the service is completely free! Just pack up all the excess currency that's getting you down and send it to me! I'll even email you confirmation that the superfluous lucre that's made your life an affluent nightmare has been utterly immolated!

May 7, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's a non-profit operation motivated solely by selfless altruism and unstinting beneficence towards all human beings who suffer the ignominy of being burdened with too much cash.

Why suffer another moment of shame? Send your money to me! I'll make sure that it's promptly disposed of--I'll burn all of those hateful little presidents until their own treasury wouldn't recognize 'em! Best of all, the service is completely free! Just pack up all the excess currency that's getting you down and send it to me! I'll even email you confirmation that the superfluous lucre that's made your life an affluent nightmare has been utterly immolated!

biglaugh1.gif

May 7, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My money is CDN. Sorry but I'll have to contact a local cash burner.
tongue.gif

May 7, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My money is CDN. Sorry but I'll have to contact a local cash burner.
tongue.gif

I have a special international service for notes bearing depictions of Pierre Trudeau frolicking with waterfowl that emit distinctively querulous calls. I think the furnace also takes bills that show Brian Mulroney sharing a poutine with Bullwinkle the Moose at a Tastee-Frites.

May 7, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #9 of 22
Oo.. nice. It even has an OLED display. Bizarre that it doesn't have support for Kenwood Lossless. Anyone knows that if the menu can be switched to English, or if the tracks from the microSD card be integrated into the main database?

May 7, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman
Anyone knows that if the menu can be switched to English,

Yes
Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingman
if the tracks from the microSD card be integrated into the main database?

No

May 8, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #12 of 22
try the korg MR1, although that may share the same issue with low impedance IEMs

May 8, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #13 of 22
Every player hisses with low impedance phones. The one player I've tried that has hardly any is the ipod classic 120.

I'm not sure why kenwood players have this huge reputation for hissing, when every player has this problem.

May 8, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #14 of 22
not true, my iphone does not hiss in the slightest

May 10, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try the korg MR1, although that may share the same issue with low impedance IEMs

Bah, recording seems to be the primary function of that device. Anything else worth looking at?

I think I'm going to ditch my IE8s for some full sized cans; they really don't isolate, so I don't see the point in keeping them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back