so I had to suffer for awhile using $10 headsets...
Jan 22, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC75 has lost some of its charm recently with some good budget offerings, but its still right there on top of low budget bang for buck HP. Might not work all that well in an office environment however.

ahh ya, I forgot. I dunno how quiet your office is or how close your nearest coworker's desk is, but if KSC75s are too loud, maybe some Senn HD201s?

Feb 1, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man that really sucks, DT880's??? I'd be really mad! Damn!

But then, there are quite a few budget options that are surprisingly good. JVC HARX700 comes to mind, full size cans that have garnered quite a good impression on headfi for a superb price.

KSC75 has lost some of its charm recently with some good budget offerings, but its still right there on top of low budget bang for buck HP. Might not work all that well in an office environment however.

well it's either good ones or I'll stick with these cheap phones for now
smily_headphones1.gif

As I said, I'm still enjoying the music (headbanging and stuff). though I want to get a new set just when i finished the leftover tube amp from 2 years ago.

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #18 of 21
When I am out in the field doing remote programming I usually have the stock iPod ear buds in. I know they are really just crappy but seeings as i have dropped them in the dirt or ripped a wire out on something I just can't bring anything nice when I am out there. It isn't worth it and I would rater have them then no music at all.

I have some Senn 212s at work that are really not too bad. Our office is very controlled, especially after hours but I don't want to have to deal with loosing something expensive and having to deal with it all.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #19 of 21
I feel that its the music that pushes you to buy better equipment. You won't really notice how much emotion is in the music until you go back to lower-end headphones. I put on my Shure E2Cs just to see how different my current setup is, and it was like listening to music through a couple of tin cans... but when they were the only headphones I had, I thought they were excellent.

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel that its the music that pushes you to buy better equipment. You won't really notice how much emotion is in the music until you go back to lower-end headphones. I put on my Shure E2Cs just to see how different my current setup is, and it was like listening to music through a couple of tin cans... but when they were the only headphones I had, I thought they were excellent.

you were enjoying the music. isn't that the whole purpose of this hobby?

ps. in my case, I like electronics so I diy my amps, cables and etc. I find DIY enjoyable
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jarthel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you were enjoying the music. isn't that the whole purpose of this hobby?

ps. in my case, I like electronics so I diy my amps, cables and etc. I find DIY enjoyable
smily_headphones1.gif

Yep, but it's like the saying, "Ignorance is bliss." If I never upgraded, I would be content (for the most part) with what I had. I never had complaints about my E2Cs, other than the fact that the cord was too short and they were very uncomfortable. Now, I'm finding things to gripe about, even though this setup is astronomically more expensive than just those little E2Cs. Oh well... head-fi has me in its grips.

One day I'll get around to designing my own bookshelf speakers and maybe a simple amp. I'd love to do it but at the end of the day, I'm pretty sick of looking/thinking about circuits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back