So I got to meet Dan Aykroyd tonight!
Oct 3, 2009 at 6:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

wakeride74

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, I'm an 80's movie superfreak and I'm super stoked to have met the great Dan Aykroyd tonight at BevMo in Walnut Creek, CA. He was signing bottles of his Crystal Head Vodka as well as other memorabilia so of course I had him sign my copy of Ghostbusters and a copy of The Great Outdoors for my brother. I even exchanged movie lines with him! I said to him "Looking good Luis" and hardly missing a beat he said "Feeling Good Billy Ray"! Ha! I loved it, totally made my week.

Anyways, I was all giddy so had to share
icon10.gif

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1156-1.jpg

CSC_0803.jpg

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:34 AM Post #3 of 30
Dan came through my work the other day, but we have policies on approaching celebrities and the like, so I had to keep distance. Was very cool to see him in action thou in a none public situation, just being himself.

I feel bad that due to his alternative beliefs he was shunned by Hollywood. He's a very talented and intelligent man. I hope we have many more opportunities to see his creative writing skills in action.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #4 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lord knows your career is in the toilet when you're slinging novelty bottles of vodka.

Give the guy some credit - he's responsible for some great comedies. Also seems like a fairly decent guy; I'd like to meet him, too.

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 30
I should also note he's looking really damn good - the last time I saw him he was on the heavy side, from those pictures it looks like he lost a lot of weight, hopefully in a good way.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel bad that due to his alternative beliefs he was shunned by Hollywood.

What are his alternative beliefs that caused ****** Hollywood to shun him?

OP; Thats great you got to meet him and sign Ghost busters! Thats exactly what I'd do too, I'm sure he's been in a lot of other movies and his vodka is great but Ghost busters!! I can't wait for Ghost busters 3

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are his alternative beliefs that caused ****** Hollywood to shun him?

OP; Thats great you got to meet him and sign Ghost busters! Thats exactly what I'd do too, I'm sure he's been in a lot of other movies and his vodka is great but Ghost busters!! I can't wait for Ghost busters 3

He's a Spiritualist.

It's a religion that believes in ghosts instead of a traditional god.

Don't quote me on all that though.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #12 of 30
That signed Ghostbusters DVD made my week. Thanks for sharing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #14 of 30
Wicked. I've always heard he was a pretty decent guy in person. Glad to hear that held true for your meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back