So I decided to get customs...
Oct 25, 2010 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LiteKirby

100+ Head-Fier
And I decided to go with the JH5's  Never had customs before, though the wonderful fit of the UM3X with the UM56 tips made me wonder what a full on custom would feel and sound like.

Placed my order, get my impressions tomorrow morning, should be a wild ride.

However, I'm not sure how I'd go about shipping the impressions to JH Audio. I've got the address and all that, but how do I go about shipping them so they don't get damaged en route?  Are they stiff/hard enough that I don't have to worry too much about a bit of jumping around, or are they extremely fragile and require lots of protection?

Also, anyone have a rough estimation of turn around time between the time they get my impressions and the time I get my IEMs?

Oct 25, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 3
I'd look at the list of audiologists that JHA has on their website and see if any of them are close to you. There may be some who are dealers where they can deal with that. If not then it shouldn't be a problem either. Usually (for me at least) the audiologist has provided a small box where I can put them in so they don't move around much and mail them. However I wouldn't be too worried as they are quite sturdy and won't be easily damaged. If concerned I'd put them in a small box where they won't move around much and inside the box use some bubble wrap.

Oct 25, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 3
When I get mine done, I've got a small box waiting for me, going to put the box that my audiologist will give me into the box I have with bubble rap and packing peanuts. That should work good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back