So I broke down and bought an Ipod mini
Aug 22, 2005 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Good choice or bad?

I couldnt resist, I got a blue one which will match my other equipment
biggrin.gif

though I hope I didnt jump the gun too early eh? is ipod mini 3rd generation coming aorund the corner?

Id be kicking myself if it hit another price drop right when I receive it :p

also got a pocket dock with plans on converting it blue also
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 43
I think it was probably a good idea depending on how much you paid. My feeling is that you should be voicing, or at least testing your mini cables through the iPod line out to a portable amp. This is arguably the most popular method that your minis will be used.

Sadly, I just sold my 4th gen 20 gig to a fellow head-fi'er so your Sky Blue Mini will be unused until I can replace it. Still debating whether I should wait for the next generation iPod or buy a Rio Karma, iAudio X5L, or iRiver offering.

Aug 22, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 43
Yes, I will be pairing this up with a pimeta in a blue translucent serpac and sky blue mini cables,

the main reason was that I believe this would make for an incredible looking photo op
biggrin.gif

as mentioned earlier, I will be using a pocket dock line out and have plans to converting it blue
smily_headphones1.gif

itll be the sky blue rig lol
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #5 of 43
Hi RnB
smily_headphones1.gif
- I've had my 4GB mini for about a year now. I never understood what all the fuss was about.. Untill i held that sexy little piece of equipment in my puds - it's such a gorgeous piece of kit, you don't realise untill you own one! [size=xx-small](Errr - perhaps this is just me?)[/size]
biggrin.gif
I wouldn't think a new incarnation will hit the streets this side of christmas but you never know... Enjoy it - Just don't drop it!
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2005 at 12:12 AM Post #6 of 43
Although the iPod is a source, it is more of a portable source, so you posted in the wrong forum.
wink.gif

That being said, I think you made a good choice. If you don't want to deal with iTunes' bloatedness, try Ephpod or Sharepod. I prefer Ephpod.

Aug 23, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #11 of 43
I got an ipod shuffle. It was free though
biggrin.gif
I was never a fan of the ipod sound. It's an intuitive and attractive unit though.

Aug 25, 2005 at 8:19 PM Post #13 of 43
hrm,..

I got my ipod today and plugged the amp through the headphone out as my sendstation pocket dock hasnt arrived yet..

Im really dissapointed with the sound? Im sure I can adjust the EQ some how right?

because my muvo slim sounded better then this.. way better. and I thought the muvo sounded bad! To be honest I have yet to upload hi bit rate MP3s so we'll see how it goes

Ill wait for the line out dock to arrive and see how it improves, but as of now the stock sound is really poor.

Aug 25, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
hrm,..
To be honest I have yet to upload hi bit rate MP3s so we'll see how it goes

There you go.

Don't make a judgement with bad MP3's. Rip at 224 AAC and it's a whole different matter.

Bass may be lacking but it should sound good otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back