So, I bought TF10 for my sister, and she didn't like it.
Mar 21, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #17 of 40
Some people are never happy. They may not be my first choice in IEMs, but theyre very nice and to spend that much on your sister instead of picking on her like most brothers is pretty nice. She would have been happier with some $30 Sonys that are smaller maybe.

Mar 21, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #18 of 40
Meh for the sound they produce I wouldn't care how bad they looked; same with a car. If someone got me a crappy looking car that ran like a Ferrari or something I'd drive the hell out of it.

Mar 21, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #19 of 40
^ that kind of attitude isn't the majority of the people not in here however :p

as a gift TF10 would probably be close to one of the last options I would give however. It is a shame that she didn't like it but maybe something like a PL50 or something in that range would have been a good choice for a gift.

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswcsw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
go to stereo and ask them to send it to UM to do a reshell?

It's ok guys, I didn't take any offence. Reshell, as in make it custom? o.O

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by lonereaction /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's ok guys, I didn't take any offence. Reshell, as in make it custom? o.O

Haha yea the second I read that I was like, "What? o_0" I'm not sexist in any way whatsoever but the concept of that was way in left field for me. I would flip over a girl if I saw her wearing customs though
smily_headphones1.gif

Or high end headphones for that matter
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:40 AM Post #23 of 40
doubt she would like customs, the way they look won't fit a girl's taste (im guessing), especially in sg everyone's gonna stare at her lol.

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doubt she would like customs, the way they look won't fit a girl's taste (im guessing), especially in sg everyone's gonna stare at her lol.

Everyone keeps telling me my livewires look like hearing aids. Definately not for the fashion conscious.
o2smile.gif

She didn't comment on how good the TF10 sounded, which is kind of sad really.

Mar 21, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #25 of 40
IMO the PFEs are good sounding and classy looking IEMs, plus very comfy. Of course they are over-ear only, but for mobile use she might perhaps learn to appreciate less microphonics.

phonak-00-main.jpg

Other than that, I think the Panasonic HJE900 are nice IEMs for a girl. The circonia has a subtle blue-greenish shimmer, they have detachable cable, sound good and are quite tiny and easy to fit. They can be worn both downwards and over-ear.

panasonic_rp_hje900.jpg

Just my 2c.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 40
Quote:

Everyone keeps telling me my livewires look like hearing aids. Definately not for the fashion conscious.
o2smile.gif

She didn't comment on how good the TF10 sounded, which is kind of sad really.

yea yea that was what i might think of when someone wears customs. hearing aid LOL.

anyway not everyone would like the tf10, including me, maybe his sis finds the vocals too recessed, well if she listens to chinese pop.

Mar 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #27 of 40
Quote:

I doubt the mod would help, it's the size of the IEMs. I knew it was big, but not that big D:

Yeah they are huge, i wouldn't get over the ear models because they tend to irritate the ears. Try some klipsch X10, in the same price range as the UE Triple fi10.

Or you could go with some slightly cheaper UE have great SQ while appealing to the fashion conscious. (Ultimate Ears 700 - Ultimate Ears MetroFi 220)

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:14 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Bought it for her bday. 175USD, plus around $18 shipping to Singapore. Total price 300SGD.

She didn't like the way it stuck out of her ears, and the around the ear style. I think I'll bring her to the store sometimes to try some tiny earphones like some from audio technica.

I'm still using my 2.5 year old livewires, and the seal isn't as good as before. Maybe I'll use the TFs instead of selling it off.

redface.gif

Bad move.
You do know there are 3 places in singapore to audition right ?
Why not let her audition first before purchase ?

Furthermore, the last thing I would recommend a girl to get is a UE universal, it simply look "ewk" on a girl..

EDIT: oh yeah.. its for her birthday, so its meant as a surprise..
try out the entry level westones.
like the westone 1 and um1, since they are single driver, they should be small, and with good ergonomics and is low profile, great for a lady too.

Mar 26, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #29 of 40
Second the UE 700 ... less expensive, dual drivers, decent sound, and tiny.

Mar 26, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #30 of 40
I say go for the RE0s. Amazing value and even more amazing sound. And under her given conditions, they look great too!. I just bought these, and they will most definitely be replacing my Triple-fi in use. I must say, RE0s ARE NOT budget in-ear headphones. Pure quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back