So I am learning to play Chopin Waltz in C# minor
Sep 30, 2009 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gilency

Headphoneus Supremus
Opus 62 No 4 as I listen to Rubinstein rendition. I love it, but I would like to compare it to a modern recording of Chopin Waltzes.
I am afraid of dissapointment when compared to Rubinstein's.
I have read about Antonio Guedes Barbosa, Istvan Szekely and Evgeni Kissin (have some of his CD's but not waltzes).
The old LP my father had was wonderful but I don't even remember the pianist's name and doubt is available in CD.
I would like to hear from the Chopin conocieurs regarding their preferred all digital recording of Chopin Waltz collection/performer.
Thanks

Oct 15, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opus 62 No 4 as I listen to Rubinstein rendition. I love it, but I would like to compare it to a modern recording of Chopin Waltzes.
I am afraid of dissapointment when compared to Rubinstein's.
I have read about Antonio Guedes Barbosa, Istvan Szekely and Evgeni Kissin (have some of his CD's but not waltzes).
The old LP my father had was wonderful but I don't even remember the pianist's name and doubt is available in CD.
I would like to hear from the Chopin conocieurs regarding their preferred all digital recording of Chopin Waltz collection/performer.
Thanks

I don't pretend to be a connoisseur, but I did listened to a dozen versions of Chopin's waltz. Compared to Rubinstein, many are unimpressive. However, Idil Biret has a more intimate interpretation to me.
Amazon.com: Chopin: Waltzes (Complete) [CD on Demand]: Idil Biret, Frederic Chopin: Music

Oct 29, 2009 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by geoges.ravel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't pretend to be a connoisseur, but I did listened to a dozen versions of Chopin's waltz. Compared to Rubinstein, many are unimpressive. However, Idil Biret has a more intimate interpretation to me.
Amazon.com: Chopin: Waltzes (Complete) [CD on Demand]: Idil Biret, Frederic Chopin: Music

Thanks. I will check on that one.
Any more recommendations for Chopin's Waltzes renditions?

Oct 29, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 5
*Bump* ...to check with my Pianist Wife...who happened to do very well with Chopin Waltzes and Mazurkas in Grad. School.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back