So a package of mine has been floating around the school's mail system for three weeks now...
Sep 25, 2009 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

TheMarchingMule

Headphoneus Supremus
I called various people and kept in contact with one for the past three weeks. The package was signed for, so that means my college took it in. But after that it seems to have vanished into thin air.

I last talked to the person in charge of tracking packages (one step away from the actual person in position who works IN the mail area) last Friday, and asked what was going on.

She put me hold for awhile, and then said that they're still trying to backtrack, which IMO is bull, because they probably would have found it already. She said she'd call me with any updates, and none so far up to this week.

Fortunately, it's only a $30 item, but I did buy them at a good discount, so it was practically $5.

Should I keep bugging her about it? The stubborn side of me says "Yes," because heck, what if they lost a more expensive/valuable package of a student? But the tired side of me just says to order the item again, and take note of the mail system's incompetence.
rolleyes.gif

What say you?

Sep 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 19
Don't let peoples' incompetence result in you losing money, in my opinion. Besides, it's not the value that is important, but the fact that they are struggling to perform their job to a satisfactory degree! Hunt it down so they remember how much of a pain it was dealing with the issue so maybe they will pay more attention in the future.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 19
Keep on their case, don't reward their incompetence with your indifference. Since its been three weeks it may be time to contact whoever it is the Head of the mail department reports to. Good luck.

Sep 26, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #6 of 19
Ask if you should call the campus police and report it as stolen.

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 19
Ridiculous. At my university packages are delivered directly to smaller campus neighborhood mail centers. Upon receipt all the packages that won't fit in the mailboxes are labeled with the recipient's name and an ID number, which is then entered into a computer so that notification emails can be sent off.

Either your school doesn't have a good system or the package was stolen. Keep bugging them- something isn't right.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #8 of 19
Keep after them. They should not lose any package, regardless of price.

Also, have you considered renting a PO box at your local Post Office? They're typically dead reliable and you won't have anything lost that's shipped to your PO box. You might be surprised at how cheap a rental can be. I used to pay $35 for six months.

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #9 of 19
Of course you should keep on asking them for it. It is your package, and it does not matter what it is worth.
Report it stolen if that is what it takes...

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #10 of 19
If they've got a package floating around for 3+ weeks, you definitely need to be riding someone about that. That is just asinine, and should not be allowed to fly...

Sep 26, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, have you considered renting a PO box at your local Post Office? They're typically dead reliable and you won't have anything lost that's shipped to your PO box. You might be surprised at how cheap a rental can be. I used to pay $35 for six months.

This.

I haven't experienced any lost when using my PO Box. Also, it's much faster to receive the stuffs. Most of my packages are delivered ~7.30am at the PO Box.

Sep 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 19
Thanks everybody for the encouragement and suggestions. It makes me want to tip over a cow right now.
ph34r.gif

I'll call again on Monday and see what's up. And if/when she says they can't find it, I guess I'll suggest I report it as stolen? Dunno how to word that though; I don't want it to sound like I'm pointing fingers at anybody.

And since this is the first case of something like this, I think I'm fine without a separate P.O. box. Bad enough that I have to walk 20 minutes to get the nearest post office anyway.
frown.gif

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #15 of 19
"Well if you guys cant find it, i guess the only thing that may have happened is someone has stolen my parcel, which is really sad, so i'll report it and see what happens. Thanks for your time, Bye!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back